Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stolen…
  • bobsoff2
    Free Member

Right then, to all you sleuths out there in the Taunton Area.. 👿
    Some cheeky little fecker walks into local bike shop, asks to demo a bike.. rides it up and down the car park a couple of times, speaks to sales guy and then try's it out again.
    This time, rides it in between a parked Box van and a car and… "Disappears with Brand new Trek EX8".
    So Guys and Girls, Keep your eyes peeled for a 19.5" Black/09 EX8 that somebody shouldn't have !!!
    Any info to me and i'll past it on, or to anybody at any of the Bicyclechain branches..(Taunton, Bridgwater or WSM)..
    Cheers Guys..

oldgit
    Free Member

They have his credit card of course.

They don't do they 😐

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Don't think so as t'was just a drop in and try it out !
    Bet that will be their next " Condition of Demo"..
    Stable door/Horse Bolted me thinks..!!!

crazy-legs

I'm amazed there was no requirement for ID/credit card, that's almost unbelievable in this day and age!
    The shop I used to work at started off with just taking credit cards etc for the duration of the ride, then to checking the signature and finally to taking a 1p payment off the card to ensure that the customer knew the PIN and the card was valid. Most customers were perfectly OK with it – if ever a customer wasn't it was usually an indication that there was something dodgy anyway.

TheMooMonkey
    Free Member

They really didnt take ID/deposit?

Inside job???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stolen…’ is closed to new replies.