• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Still worth getting a Wii?
  • Leku
    Free Member

The eldest (8) has been badgering us to get a Wii (not WiiU) and we have said that we will get one as a joint present for christmas.

I am right in thinking that they are been phased out? We just want the basic games.

RustySpanner

Perfect time to get one.

Hardware much cheaper now and lots of the bigger stores stock s/h games in excellent nick.

Have a look online at somewhere like IGN for recommdations for games.
    Just google WII review for games listings.

the-muffin-man

Aye – still worth it. Nintendo have just announced a Wii Mini so games will be around for a good while yet.

There will also be a good supply of 2nd hand games on ebay.

druidh
    Free Member

Wii is still good fun. And it supports Lovefilm Instant now too if you’re into that sort of thing.

Hohum
    Free Member

My 9 year old still enjoys playing his wii and as noted above there is a good market for buying and selling second-hand games.

edlong
    Free Member

Never been a better time to buy one.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

My son’s had a lot of fun out of his and still does and we use it to watch BBC I player quite often.

transapp
    Free Member

I’ve got one for sale (literally just packed it all up)
    Wii, Wii fit, 2 controllers, nunchucks (the secondary controller thingy) and a mariocart steering wheel.
    Used no more than 20 times (and the wii fit maybe 10?).
    Was going to stick it all on ebay, but make me an offer and I’ll get it to you before Christmas. I have a couple of pictures of it on my phone, so could send them through but any more would have to wait until tonight.

mail to weskangursatgmaildotcom

alfabus
    Free Member

you want to buy mine?

been in the box for a couple of years, but pretty sure it works fine. got 2 remotes and nunchuks, plus a few games.

Dave

binners

My girls (5 & 8 ) spent yesterday afternoon having a bowling tournament on the Wii, followed by a mammoth Mariokart session

I’ve got them the latest Just Dance for christmas, as that provides hours of fun

Wii’s are absolutely great for kids!! (and adults, especially Mariokart) 😀

Leku
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Just ordered a new one.

Taff
    Free Member

I still play ours occasionally. Can get lovefilm on it although quality of films varies.

McHamish
    Free Member

We have one, never use it.

Although we don’t have kids…and I have a PS3 too and tend to use that instead…and our living room is too small.

The XBox Kinect (sp?) is better in my opinion, I’ve used it at a mates house and preferred it.

Nick

Both PS3 and XBox are clearly better machines, but at 3x the cost they bloody well should be.

Wii is the perfect console for kids.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Still worth getting a Wii?’ is closed to new replies.