Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stiff Revalations
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I have a set of 2006 Revalations that I admit to not giving much love over their lives. They have only had one service a couple of years ago.

Recently they have started to not be as compliant to small bumps (big bumps seem ok but still not brilliant). I have checked the pressures in both the neg and pos chambers but that hasn't made much difference.

Is it time to send them to TFTuned? Or will that not help any and do i need to look for some new forks?

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just sounds like time for a well overdue service

swoosh
    Free Member

thats kinda what i was thinking anyway. Damn, was hoping for an excuse to buy new forks!

Splash-man
    Free Member

WEll you could alsways donate them to me because on second thoughts they are probably pretty shot having not been serviced for that long…….
    <Sucks in breath deeply> scrap value really…..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Definitely scrap, I'll even save you the postage and come and pick them up off you.

I'll bring a couple of beers as compensation for your loss too 8)

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Do a lower leg service on them,You could try leaving the bike upside for a while.This might help

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

dont listen to nicolaisam, its only a matter of time before they explode killing you and lots of fluffy kittens.
    In the spirit of helping humanity I will take them off you for a fiver, purely to help save NHS fees you understand.

Seriously though a lowers service is a doddle, and a lot of RS forks seem to leave the factory without any oil-bath oil so get some fresh oil in there.

alpin
    Free Member

how easy is it swap out the air-spring gubbins for a coil?

have my old revs on the GF's bike and after servicing it, it is still losing air and pissing oil. but at least it's clean.

convert

I keep reading that lowers servicing is a doddle but never got around to doing it for myself because I've never clocked where to get the right oil from and by the time I've bothered to work out where I've lost interest.

Never seen it on CRC/wiggle etc – or is just a matter of wandering into Halfords and having a look around the motoring section for something with the right weight?

I have not bought a complete bike for 20yrs, built all my own wheels for the last 8, but for some reason suspension servicing has always alluded me.

edit – actually bothered to look properly and there are loads of options – looks like I can't put it off any longer.

scruff
    Free Member

let air out of +, take off top cap, put a few good drips of fork oil on top of air seal, try again,. This can make a world of difference.

And make sure lowers have some oil in, this lubes the bushings. Follow SRAM destruction's or Peter Poddys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stiff Revalations’ is closed to new replies.