Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stiff flat-soled shoes
  • timidwheeler

I am looking for some stiff-soled shoes to use with flat pedals. I want them for cycle touring, so looking normal off the bike would be a bonus. Any suggestions?

ton

Dzr do some nice casual looking shoes, that will work with flat pedals…tho they are designed for spd’s.
    my wife uses Scarpa approach shoes for cycle touring, which are also more casual looking than disco slippers.

jam-bo

i use five-ten approach shoes on and off the bike.

yunki
    Free Member

Vans Gravels are stiff as.. Almost too stiff for off the bike

davosaurusrex

Specialized 2FO are stiff, too stiff for a lot of people. I wear size 12 so perfect for me as they don’t fold round the pedal like a lot of other flat shoes, gives me foot cramp

jam-bo

not made anymore.

i wanted to like mine but they fell apart in a couple of weeks.

ajantom

Teva Links, if you can find a pair. Very comfy, and extremely robust.

mikekay
    Free Member

Ive got a pair of Five Tens that look like trainers not sure what they are called but think chain reaction sell them, I was surprised how good they are

timidwheeler

Cheers all.

I’ve got Five Tens for my MTB, but I want something much stiffer in the sole for all-day rides on my CX bike. (I find my feet hurt after a few hours of pedaling in Five Tens.) I’m not too bothered about them being really grippy on the pedals but I want to be able to wander about in them when I get off the bike.

RustySpanner

Shimano M33/34’s are good for everyday stuff.

Stiffish, cheap, look fine walking about.

Can use them with Spuds or flats, bit wider than the usual Shimano last.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

i use five-ten approach shoes on and off the bike.

Five ten tennies as well ! well made, comfy ok for walking all day better than the mtb specific shoes which I reckon are made by a different company due to the difference in quality, go-outdoors had them on offer a while back

vondally
    Free Member

I have five tens approach shoes for riding flats, heavy, 7 days minimum to dry, sole still gives hot spots after pedalling so personally would not recommend

Like Ton suggest approach shoes or boots are the best usually stiff and sold enough to ride in and most have a grippy sole. I have had raichle, scarpa and all have been fine, just have a look in the sales especially rock and runnext time will be trying

adidas terrax.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stiff flat-soled shoes’ is closed to new replies.