Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stiff cock
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I had the toby (outside stop cock) rebuilt a month ago. Since then my mate has had two attempts at turning the water off only to bend both his toby keys.

He reckons it’s seized and I need to get Northumbrian water out to unseize it. Surely they would have checked to see if it was seized when rebuilding the toby.

Could it just be that he is being a pansy and isn’t strong enough or do they generally seize?

Stoner
    Free Member

lefty loosey, righty tighty. HTH 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

lefty loosey, righty tighty. HT

Tried both, including a liberal dose of wd-40 as well to unseize it.

Surely another STW member has had a stiff cock before and found an ingenious way to loosen it.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Beat it about its head until it softens a bit then screw it
    off

Xylene
    Free Member

Beat it about its head until it softens a bit then screw it
    off

He had thought about getting a hammer down the hole and whacking the end of it, but decided that it gushing everywhere and not being able to turn it off probably wasn’t a good idea.

bear-uk
    Free Member

He had thought about getting a hammer down the hole and whacking the end of it, but decided that it gushing everywhere and not being able to turn it off probably wasn’t a good idea.

I wasn’t talking about that cock, you cock.

grantway
    Free Member

Wouldnt worry has its outside its the Water providers problem
    so call them to sort it.

scotabroad

We had to get my neighbours one turned of last winter when he had a burst pipe. I could not get it to budge with the key that I had but it was quite old and had a lot of flex. Another neighbour turned up with a beefy newer key and when we put some muscle behind it we were able to shut it off.

Perhaps your issue could be with the tool you are using and giving it plenty to shut it off?? (no double entedre intended).

ononeorange

Just summon up an image of Moira Stewart.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stiff cock’ is closed to new replies.