Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stif cycles – does anyone know what the truth is?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/11/stif-on-the-move/

It seems to me to be a massive gamble, moving from a city with thousands of customers on the doorstep, to a little village in the middle of nowhere. Is there more to this than meets the eye?, or is it genuinely that they believe peopele will drive from far and wide to visit Stif/Jungle products?.

clubber
    Free Member

Or that they do most of their sales online so the location doesn't matter?

I guess that only they know how much 'passing trade' they get in comparison to targeted buyers – eg people who go to buy a specific bike. I'd suggest that for the latter, they won't really care about the move. The move to a demo centre, seems to suggest that they get a lot more people going there with something in mind in which case it makes perfect sense.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Stif and Jungle imports are basically the same company – or so I'm led to believe and make plenty of money online while dist. santa cruz etc. The shop in Headlingly will have cost em an arm & a leg in rent .. whereas Jungle is already established in Sommerbridge. Cutting costs while maintaining a core business.

simon_g

I don't know Leeds that well but it didn't seem that central or the sort of place that would get passing trade during the week (or blokes going there while the missus shops on the weekend). Getting a load more space for their money and being closer to trails for demos makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Stif and Jungle imports are basically the same company – or so I'm led to believe

That's my understanding aswell, Jungle Products are already in Summerbridge.

Danr
    Free Member

The premises in Headingley will be worth a fortune if they own them. If not, as said, they will be costing a fortune. Not the greatest location now anyway so can't see the move having a great impact.

robdob
    Free Member

It was never easy to get to, especially in busy periods. Shop was a bit small and poky in most areas, problems with petty theft I would have thought. Seems like a good idea really, I just hope they become a little friendlier in the new location. Never got bad service but always seemed a little too busy to deal with me. Put me off a bit TBH.

woodsman
    Free Member

I've only ever dealt with them by phone or online lately. I must say when I had my old series one heckler, I found them a little too precious at times. I have dealt with them in recent years for some forks, and most recently Swobo clothing, and I find them very good, service excellent. In a nutshell, from Sussex it isn't going to make any odds for me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stif cycles – does anyone know what the truth is?’ is closed to new replies.