Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sticky Revelation
  • onion
    Free Member

I have a 2008 coil U-turn revelation. It was never a plush ride from the start and now the small bump absorbtion has reduced to zilch… I’m using the red spring that it came with and I’m 86 kilos….

Is this somethingto do with the tuning or do they just need taking apart and servincing?

Any experiences appreciated!

Thanks

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Have they ever been serviced? I bet that it just needs a service with new oil and new seals.

MarkyG82

What he said.

onion
    Free Member

Nope, no service, but they don’t get used that much either…..I ride two other bikes with air forks [rebas and minutes] and whilst they are both supposed to have “stiction” they seem a lot more plush.

onion
    Free Member

How much of the internals need replacing for a service? Am I frankly better off sending them to TF tuned for the amount of seals/orings/circlips/springs/oil/beer I will have to get to do it myself?

RustyMac

If none of the internals are damaged then you can buy seal kits from shop section on the Loco Tuning web site, he also sells fork oil which pretty much takes care of the parts side of things (presuming the spring is the correct one for your weight).

Tools wise have a look at the SRAM web site for the service instructions and you will get an idea of both what is involved in servicing your fork and what tools you will need.

onion
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice all.

I did suspect that servicing was required but was in denial about it…. I have the download from the SRAM website + thanks for the LOCO link!

RustyMac

My thought would be it may be a better option to send the forks off for a profesional service if you feel there may be something wrong with the fork.

Tool wise you should be able to use the same ones for the revs as with the rebas.

Si at Loco tuning really knows his stuff and is a friendly chap so if you have any questions give him a ring. i’m sure if you describe the problem to him he would bea ble to advise if a genereal service is all the forks need or if there is something more terminal.

Northwind

Aye, routine servicing is a straightforward DIY job but it sounds like these may have gone past that point

OTOH, all it’ll cost you is time, oil, and a little grease and (ideally) isopropyl alcohol to give them a lowers service so if it was me, I’d do that first and see what happens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sticky Revelation’ is closed to new replies.