Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Stick Man busy in Bristol!
  • squaremonkey
    Free Member

Got to Leigh Woods pretty early this morning and found the picnic bench trail had sh*t loads of logs, branches, saplings and all sorts dragged across the trails. Someone had gone to the extent of up rooting some fairly mature trees which seems pretty ironic if the excuse for doing it is we are damaging the place!!! Took a long time to get it cleared but I’d still definitely check the trails before riding!

[/url] photo(2) by lawrencefellows, on Flickr[/img][/url] photo(4) by lawrencefellows, on Flickr[/img]

photo(3) by lawrencefellows, on Flickr

CountZero

I’ll bet the self-satisfied arse who did that felt pretty pleased with themselves. What an extraordinary amount of work to go to just make some sort of point. A few people with some spare time and an image-intensifying camera bivvying out for a few nights might get some revealing footage that would make for entertaining viewing.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

That idiot has been around for years. Total muppet. Originally their attempts to block the trails just made them more interesting to ride, but they’ve progressed. How they justify destroying perfectly healthy trees is beyond me.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Shovel some earth in front of them and make some jumps out of them ………that’ll really piss them off… 😆

noteeth
    Free Member

He/they have been active further up in the woods, too – as you say, a fair number of saplings had been uporooted. I take great pleasure in un-building their works.

Think I met one of ’em once. Leastways, an angry looking man failed to return my cheery hello… 😈

wool

This person was doing this 15 years ago when I used to ride there . Can’t belive that its still going on , how I enjoyed myself clearing it every time I went out. Pure Joy.

boxfish
    Free Member

On a serious note, one of my mates narrowly avoided serious injury hitting a large log placed across the bottom of one of the switchback trails last year.

pottsathome
    Free Member

My little boy loves that stickman book

sv

I find the stick man book makes me a little bit sad.

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

It takes you on a journey but ends happily

boxfish
    Free Member

I can’t help feeling that I’m responsible for this thread going off topic.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The original Bristol stickman was quite an old chap and this is going back 10 yrs ago, he’ll either be dead or incapable of that amount of work.

IMO this is the work of a group of people.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

is stickman a Rastafarian ?

pooh stick…oh how we laugh at that !

garage-dweller

Just got the stick man book and it’s pretty good, although “the Bike Lesson” (Berenstein bears) was at the top of the list tonight!

As for the lunacy at the top 😯 🙄 😯

sv

It takes you on a journey but ends happily

But does it end happily? I think he does get burnt alive and the ending is an afterlife/heaven of some sort. Maybe that is a happy ending…

sv

Not keen on the Giant in Town one either, obviously the Gruffalo and the Gruffalos Child are great and the Witch On the broom I enjoy reading to our kids. Enough, yes trail blocking the work of sad people without purpose in their lives.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Charlie Cook’s Favourite Book FTW…

freddyg
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that it is actually the Snail and the Whale FTW…. 😉

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Build a Tar Baby and see if you can catch him?

bol

The Highway Rat FTW. Thread closed. 😆

Wookster

Stick man’s good but not a patch on room on the broom! 🙂

D0NK

no Monkey puzzle fans out there then? Id give tiddler a miss tho.

I see the work of various stick people round here, dead stuff fair enough (you must have a pretty sad life if this sort of repressed shit is your thing tho) but cutting down live trees is reprehensible. bunch of idiots

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

had this kinda of problem a few years back in one of the woods round here,a few odd nights bivvying out a few smoke bombs/firworks combinded with bright torches and scream/hockey masks and not had this problem since 👿 😈 😉

yunki
    Free Member

is stickman a Rastafarian ?

Thai stick..?

noteeth
    Free Member

He/they have taken to zip-tying branches & saplings across some of the trails, so take care… Needless to say, I undid asmuch of his good work as I could find.

Apocalypse Now

Like this bridge: we build it every night. Charlie blows it right back up again.

/Apocalypse Now

AverageMark
    Free Member

Tabby McTat, argument over.

s
    Free Member

Wow what a busy beaver you have there 😉

Dobbo

Stick man book cover looks like the Peperami man.

allthepies
    Free Member

Put some “Dear stickman, smile when vandalising the trees, you’re on camera” signs up.

mega
    Free Member

friendliest giant in town FTW

richc
    Free Member

Never know he might be a pissed off mountain biker, who is trying to block off all the straight lines that people who struggle with switchbacks/technical bits ride around and end up screwing up the good bits

noteeth
    Free Member

Never know he might be a pissed off mountain biker

Whoever he is, he’s got a fine sense of irony – pulling down saplings in protest at mountain bikers damaging the woods.

The zip-tie stuff was in the middle of LW, not Picnic Bench etc. I avoid straight-lining that downhill stuff… simply by being an XC-jeyer & not riding it. 8)

transapp
    Free Member

Just an update, rode this yesterday morning and he’d been busy again. Couple of very hard to see branches bent over at chest height as well, so watch yourself if you go early / mid week.

On another note, there’s a lot better trials around there than I gave credit for!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d be placing cameras to identify him if it were my local woods. Someone local to us started putting steel wire across the (privately owned but footpath) trails. Police got involved and tracked him down for endangering life. Stopped soon after.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Stick Man busy in Bristol!’ is closed to new replies.