Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Steve Potts
  • amplebrew

jimw – Member
    Looks lovely, have you ridden it yet, how does it feel?

Very interested to know about the weld line on the seat tube about 25mm below the top tube/seat stays junction- there must be a very good reason for it- do you know why?

Only had a ride around the local roads at the moment, making sure everything is bob on.

The weld halfway down the seat tube is a collar that has been fusion welded in place so the seat tube area is stronger.

The seat tube itself is tapered going from a .035″ wall thickness to a .095″ wall thickness at the top of the collar.

clunker – Member
    Very nice Amplebrew, mine all going well will be here in August hope it looks as nice as yours

Thanks clunker 🙂

Steve is a really great guy to deal with. I know that he’s been really busy after winning his award at NAHBS.

Not long to go, August will soon be here 8)

haggis1978

Can i be the first to say my god man what took you so long??? didnt you have this frame months ago? i wondered if i had missed the build thread somehow. cracking looking machine as well by the way 😀

nick1962
    Free Member

Shrubs and weather look good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amplebrew

haggis1978 – Member
    Can i be the first to say my god man what took you so long??? didnt you have this frame months ago? i wondered if i had missed the build thread somehow. cracking looking machine as well by the way

It did take a while 😀

I’m really happy with the way it turned out.

nick1962 – Member
    Shrubs and weather look good.

The garden only looks good because my folks were living with me for just over 6 weeks whilst they waited to move into their new house 😆

We did have a bit of sun this morning on the Isle Of Man. Soon turned into rain though!!!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Gorgeous. The man sure makes stunning bikes.

A few years ago he added a beautiful disc mount to my ti ibis, cleaned the frame and removed the old bosses. Gorgeous work. Not cheap but worth it.

Mt ti SS has one of the black sheep ti forks and it’s very nice and gets hammered and continues to do what it says on the tin. Like steel to ride but lighter.

jruk
    Free Member

That’s a lot of money for some old Project 2s…would sir be interested in the latest suspension technology, they’re called elastomers and save problems with air and oil seals 😉

Sam

Utterly lovely!

But AFAIK no one makes an off the shelf rigid 29er that isn’t corrected for suspension?

The Genesis Fortitude.

tanin
    Free Member

Beautiful bike and sharp build. Well done!

Potts with a type II fork (IMO) is the most classic and beautiful frame fork combo out there. Congrats.

Now go get it dirty :mrgreen:

jameso

I was waiting to see that built.. missed the post last week. One of the nicest bikes on here in a long time imo.

But AFAIK no one makes an off the shelf rigid 29er that isn’t corrected for suspension?

The Genesis Fortitude.

..and the Jones, plus the Gryphon surely counts? Anyway, there should be more of them. This is a really nice example, enjoy it!

amplebrew

Thanks for all the great comments 🙂

The bike rides lovely and I’m really over the moon with it.

Got it built just in time for all this nice weather as well!!! 8)

Markie
    Free Member

And the (IMO gorgeous) Ragley TD:1.

The Potts is stunning!

tburger
    Free Member

FINALLY! I had forgotten all about you since I’ve been too busy riding mine! 🙂 I didn’t think I’d ever see yours finished!

It looks absolutely amazing. Really nice build you’ve got there. Congrats and enjoy the ride!

alpin
    Free Member

is amplebrew’s real name steve potts? or is that the idol-factor singer guy?

amplebrew

tburger – Member
    FINALLY! I had forgotten all about you since I’ve been too busy riding mine! I didn’t think I’d ever see yours finished!

It looks absolutely amazing. Really nice build you’ve got there. Congrats and enjoy the ride!

Thanks 😀

I’m really made up with the way it turned out.

ken_shields
    Free Member

You absolute bastard……that is **** lovely

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Steve Potts’ is closed to new replies.