Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stereo Bluetooth headphones for use with Desire HD
  • bazzer
    Free Member

Hi Guys

I know there a a lot of music fans and smartphone users on here.

Can anyone recommend a pair of bluetooth headphones that sound good, are sweat proof and wont fall out when running.

My sure EC2’s are dying and I fancy the wireless route.

I can also recommend spotify premium on an Android phone 🙂

Baz

fbk
    Free Member

I know it’s not quite what you were looking for but I can recomemend This – I got one last month and it’s great. The earphones that come with it aren’t the best quality but it’s got a jack plug so you can use whichever ones you prefer. A bit more flexible than normal bluetooth headphones and surprisingly good sound quality.

bazzer
    Free Member

I have been looking at that too and thought about getting one and another decent pair of headphones.

What phone/MP3 player are you using it with ? Do all the buttons work etc ?

IA

Nokia BH-505s, loving mine, cheap on play at the moment (or they were when I got mine, £30). Though I know some folk don’t get on with the design, I think they perhaps don’t suit smaller heads/ears?

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

+1 for the MW600’s. Not used them with the Desire but have with an iPhone and HTC HD7.

Sounds quality is good, not as good as wired obviously but no wires is good. I tend to use mine with some older plugs that I’ve got as I prefer them.

bazzer
    Free Member

I like the form factor of the Nokia’s but how do they sound.

I think the normal white ipod headphones sound rubbish are they better than that ?

ads-b
    Free Member

Ditto on the MW600.

Only thing that doesnt work is the voice activated dialing. The volume button is annoying too.

But the rest is great (including the FM radio which really surprises me)

IA

Nokias are pretty damn good, some of the best BT headphones I’ve used (and I’ve used a fair few). Bit heavy on the bass, but mostly that’s not a problem.

Normal white ipod headphones are the very headphones of satan, sent straight from hell to torment us all. You’d get better sound quality with two tin cans and a bit of string. The 505s are better than ipod headphones. They’re nearly as good as my sennheiser CX-300s. TBH for £30 I don’t think you’ll do better, I had some (£200-odd) 905i cans for a while, and the 505s are nearly as good as them.

bazzer
    Free Member

IA

Its good to know that as some people don’t really car what things sound like 🙂

The Nokia’s sound like they are worth a punt even if its only until there is a better selection of headphones out there.

I have two different sized ear canals, do they come with various size foams etc ?

Also have you tried running/exercising in them ?

bazzer
    Free Member

Has anyone used these ?

Motorola BT headpones

psychle
    Free Member

Probably similar to my old S9 unit, was OK, but not great… that Sony thing looks better, being able to use whatever buds you want has gotta be a good thing?

IA

They come with 6 different sized ear bits, I think it’s 6. There’s a whole wee bag of them anyhow, but the standard ones do me fine so I’ve not investigated in detail.

IME nokia BT headphones are amongst the best sound quality wise. I have some motorola S805, and whilst they are generally well received, they’re nowhere near as good as the nokias.

Not tried running with them – just walking about town etc really. I like that there’s no wire to get tugged on etc. as I find that quite distracting.

Just tried jogging on the spot in them, seem fine – don’t move about. Not as good as wired in ear buds maybe, but then you don’t have the cable tug issue. I don’t think they’d bother me to run in. I do think they seem to be a good fit for my head/ear shape though. I’ve read reviews of people that don’t get on with the shape – but I guess that’s an issue with most headphones, fit is a very personal thing.

IA

Those s10s look ok, same design as the nokias but a bit heavier (43g vs 36g, they really do weigh bog all). They don’t seem to have the music controls on them? I like being able to skip tracks on my headphones, tis handy.

Oh for balance, here’s a review from someone that didn’t get on with them at all:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gRNEXX7DG6gJ:zomgitscj.com/2010/07/04/ye-giant-nokia-bh-505-review/+bh-505+weight&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari&source=www.google.co.uk

(gcache link as the original seems to be down). However, and interesting point someone raised was they never were sold in Asian countries, only european – possibly because of the difference in average head size etc. I get a good fit, but I have a fairly large head. I think this means the band at the back sits close to my head, so it can move about less.

bazzer
    Free Member

I have ordered the Nokia’s though I had to pay £36 rather than £30

Looking forward to not having any wires 🙂

bazzer
    Free Member

Well the Nokia BH-505’s arrived yesterday. Initial thoughts were they look quite nice pretty comfortable for me with the standard in ear buds. Though they were a bit bass heavy and lacking in a little top but not too bad sounding.

Went to the gym and did 1hr on a cross trainer with them on. Started to get a bit sweaty and about 40minutes in the buttons stopped working on them. After an hour I finished and tried switching them off, they would not turn off. Got home and they had switched themselves off ( I guess as they were not connected by BT any more) now they wont switch on and I don’t get a charge light when I plug them in 🙁

So a bit disappointed as they were really comfy and it was great not having any wires.

So not sure if I had a duff pair or I have the most deadly sweat in the world.

Bazzer

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some MW600’s (£35.79 from Amazon).

bazzer
    Free Member

Yep looked at the MW600s but like the idea of having no wires to worry about.

kiwijohn

I miss my S9’s. Should have been more careful with them.
    Replaced them with Ultimate Ears 400vi, which sound better & have the mic & controls right there. But the cord is still annoying.
    Should have bought S10’s.

geoffj

I got the MW600s after all the reviews I’d read.
    I reckon I must have got a duff set, because the sound quality is awful on an iPhone 🙁

bazzer
    Free Member

S10s might be my next port of call if they replace the Nokia’s and they fail again.

Geoff, have you tried different headphones with the MW600 receiver ?

geoffj

Mmmm – i’ve just dug em out to have another bash.

I’ve got a genuine set of CX300s plugged in to it and the music actually sounds OK, but the sound when making a call is nowehere near as good as with the standard white headphones it comes with.

Curious.

dr_death
    Free Member

I’ve got the s10s and they seem pretty good so far… Only had them a couple of weeks but sound quality is not bad and they seem pretty comfortable.

Tried the Plantronics backeats as they get good reviews, sound quality was good but just didn’t seem to fit me comfortably. (And they broke when they were in the protective carrycase in my camelback – fixed them with wound glue and a dental splint but not ideal.)

bazzer
    Free Member

It does seem that the market is pretty immature at the moment with stereo bluetooth headphones. I am sure soon the major headphone players will get involved.

I was just hoping the Nokia’s would last until something with really good sound came along. Well I hoped they would last more than one visit to the gym !!!

How does the sound quality of the S10s compare to the rubbish white things that come with an ipod ?

dr_death
    Free Member

Much better

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stereo Bluetooth headphones for use with Desire HD’ is closed to new replies.