Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stepping down a revelation rlt ti 150mm to 120mm?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Thinking of changing frame and would like to run 120mm but have a 2011 set of revs only had 2 rides out was wandering if they can be stepped down to 120mm.
    Grateful for any help/opinions.

RustyMac

Try asking PeterPoddy, he has a set of 2011 RLT forks on his C456 that he has opened up. He has done a fair bit of servicing of Rock shox forks in the past too.

I know they can be spaced down a bit but i don’t know if they could be spaced down as much as 30mm

fudge9202
    Free Member

cheers will do

wors

a mate asked loco this, he said it can be done but adds a bit of weight to the fork.

Vortexracing

I have stepped mine down to 130mm but i’m not sure if dropping further will work.

The ad for the fork states 130/140/150

RustyMac

I wouldn’t have thought it’d add much weight! as far as i am aware you are just adding plastic spacers. I guess it could be classed as a bit in comparison to air but in the overall scheme of things i would not think it would be much.

fudge9202
    Free Member

cheers will give loco a call.

RustyMac

fudge9202

you may want to take a look at this thread, mrblooby has RLT ti forks spaced at 120mm

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-build-of-an-old-frame

scottalej
    Free Member

If they are 20mm maxle I’ll swap a 120mm Reba Team 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

I was cheating a little, my revs are 150/120 dual position and I was running them at the lower position. Do plan to lower the max travel to 130 though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stepping down a revelation rlt ti 150mm to 120mm?’ is closed to new replies.