Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stents
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Anyone had one or more? Was there any improvement? Any issues post op?

khani
    Free Member

A bloke I worked with had some, he was back in a week or so and said he felt better than before,

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I hope it’s going to take 10 years off me as I currently feel shit

rabyoung
    Free Member

I had two inserted 10 years ago. Op was a doddle and I’ve had no real issues since then. I saw the blockage and I’m sooo glad the technology was around to sort it.

khani
    Free Member

They seem to work quite well so hopefully you’ll feel better when it’s done, chin up..

jimbobo
    Free Member

the thing is, you notice negative change slowly. I used to train with a guy who had been really fit up to his 30’s, then an injury/kids/eating too much made hime into a fat bastard. Heart attack at 44. got rid of the clot and then stented him up, was back training within a month, felt 30 again. usual risk of complications (infection/failure/death etc) but no higher risk than dental work or any other minor procedure. its your heart, so it feels like a big deal, but it is a minor and striaghtforward procedure! good luck!

ton

not a stent, but a serious heart problem, thing is you get used to feeling shyte, and kind of get on with thing even though they are hard and a struggle.
    then you get mended, and expect to be flying high…..but you are older, not as fit, and it is a bit odd.

but the main thing is, you will be mended….so chin up and keep on keeping on.

good luck.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Cheers gentlemen

T1000
    Free Member

Jimbobos description sums up the before and after really well, only negative effects IME were a few weeks of minor post op discomfort (pain would be the wrong word) and from medication (beta blockers) however that was resolved and have excellent results

Good luck with your procedure

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 or 5 stents. They worked for a while but I eventually needed a bypass.

They’re worth a go though; in and out the same day.
    This may or may not be you the next day…

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Going in me wrist ” I hope!”

Plum plums I suppose

therevokid
    Free Member

had an angiogram via the femoral artery which turned into a “oh shit”
    moment when they saw the pictures. stent #1 via the radial artery on
    the same day. kept in over night. stent #2 scheduled for 4 weeks after
    and again kept in over night.

my angina came on suddenly and is, apparently, genetic so i should be
    good to go for 40 years (registrars words !!) as there was no plaque,
    artery damage or issues with the valves.

btw … once you’ve had 8 or 9 different girls, ladies, blokes all
    staring at your groin the “embarrassed” feelings change to who wants to
    look next 😉

and … within a week i was back riding with pulse rates in the 160’s

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a few friends who have had them including one recently, he’s a bit reluctant to speak about it but I was walking and skiing with him in March fairly shortly after he had them put in. His other local friends kept asking him to take it easy but he was happy enough carrying on his normal life. To be fair he wasn’t complaining before so I didn’t know surgery was coming.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stents’ is closed to new replies.