Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • stem/handlebar calculator
  • matther01
    Free Member

Found the stem calculator on ‘brightspoke’ which is really good, but does anyone know if there is a calculator which also takes into account width, rise and sweep of bars too?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just had a look, not sure if it’s going to tell me if it feels right?

Never found there is a right for mountain biking as your not sat in the same way for hours on end like a road bike. Coupled with everyone being different in arm/torso length etc. everything feels a bit different

matther01
    Free Member

Yeah…i was looking for something that would take into account TT length as well…just to get a rough idea before forking out on a new set of bars.

Geo of my new FS frame is quite different from current HT.

kimbers

Just buy super wide ones and cut em down as reqd

matther01
    Free Member

The rise is more an issue as I’ll be running a longer A2C…so thinking I need lower rise to keep the front end down?

ratherbeintobago

does anyone know if there is a calculator which also takes into account width, rise and sweep of bars too?

I’ve been looking for something like this, too. Problem seems to be that the length of the straight centre section on different bars is also different, so two bars with the same rise/sweep will not have quite the same hand position.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘stem/handlebar calculator’ is closed to new replies.