Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • steerer tube advice
  • noddyxxx
    Free Member

just bought a prince albert with 110mm head tube,and been sourceing out forks,seen some revelations with 175mm steerer tube length,wondered if steerer would be long enough??
    cheers 😉

nicko74

er…. dunno. Depends on a few things – how high does your headset stack (or is it internal)? Do you want spacers between headtube and stem? And so on and so forth. Best bet would be to measure it if you have the previous forks setup, see how much you need. But assuming standard headset and a couple of spacers, I would say ‘not quite’.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Well I’d say yes…I’ve got an Inbred with a 105mm headtube and fitted a set of Revs with a 170mm steerer! Still had a Thomson stem on there which has quite a high stack height. Was using a Orbit XLII headset.

Previously had the Revs on a Superlight with a 100mm headtube: Had a Thomson stem and CK headset on there plus still needed a 3mm headset spacer.

Now got a PA actually but I’ve stuck Pikes on it. It all depends how you prefer your handlebar height: I prefer them as low as possible as, unlike a lot of people, I get backache if the handlebars are high as it causes me to shift my weight off my arms and on to my lower back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘steerer tube advice’ is closed to new replies.