Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Steel Hardtails
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

on last page chief

funkmasterp

funkmaster p, I may be selling my vendetta if this is of interest to you (or anyone else for that matter!)

Ooh! Why are you thinking of selling and what size if you don’t mind me asking? Apologies for thread hijack 🙁

vincienup
    Free Member

I think it’s “Steel *can* be real”.

I’ve had a recent Inbred and tbh I really don’t see anything to recommend apart from bang per buck cheapness. I’m led to believe by some that the pre CEN reg bikes were much more fun and that beefing them up to pass the safety tests killed the pop. Maybe.

I have an old Mk2 26″ Soul which is everything they talk about in steel attributes. It’s a lovely bike (although the frame is currently sitting in a box). It’s worth noting that very big riders will notice chain stays flexing just pedalling the thing round the carpark.

I have a Soul275 which is good, but not quite as much – although what it loses in springy poppy fun it gains in do anything go anywhere dependability feeling without being as buzzily solid as my old Chameleon which had a similarly indestructible feeling.

My very favourite ‘steel is real’ rides though would be an old 26″ Orange Clockwork or an 80’s Kona Firemountain. Both of these bikes feel confident but don’t buzz you with chatter and have a lovely musical, tinkly bell sound as you gently run hose water over the tubes when washing them. The Kona was never mine and the Orange is too small for me and doesn’t support disc brakes – or else I’d probably not want anything else…

johnhe

I love this forum, and especially threads like this.

And I love my BFe. I also loved my old Marin Rocky Ridge alu HT, but I loves my steel HT more.

dannyh
    Free Member

Steel hardtail =

Carbon hardtail =

We all know which is better. But we all know which is best.

jayx2a
    Free Member

The Latitude and high Latitude look pretty damn nice. 2016 models are in the sales!

xcstu
    Free Member

dannyh – I’m luckily enough to have a steel and a carbon bike so best of both worlds haha 🙂

leythervegas
    Free Member

I love this forum, and especially threads like this.

And I love my BFe. I also loved my old Marin Rocky Ridge alu HT, but I loves my steel HT more.

Agreed. Any pics of your Bfe John?

I am a genuine steel fan now. However the frame I have is a little short for me so have decided to put it up for sale and swap my bits to a Bfe or Soul. Shame as it is a real beauty. Anyone interested let me know!)

Would be nice to see some Cotic photos to inspire me. Not sure which way to go. Love them both.

lfcrik
    Free Member

funkmaster p, I may be selling my vendetta if this is of interest to you (or anyone else for that matter!)
    Ooh! Why are you thinking of selling and what size if you don’t mind me asking? Apologies for thread hijack

It’s a large, the old adage of i’m trying to buy a house really, I only have the space and funds for one bike at the moment, unfortunately I’ve reached that point in life where something has to give. real head over heart decision as I lusted after one for a long time!

I’ll shoot you an email as well if I can find it, save hijacking the thread any further.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Steel Hardtails’ is closed to new replies.