Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • stealth bike
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

nice to see someone trying something new

http://bmeres.com/nighthawk.htm

King-ocelot
    Free Member

X-9 Nighthawk is an experimental frame made out of sandwich panels with aramid honeycomb as a core, covered with carbon fiber skins.

Reading that made me hungry, sandwich, honeycomb, skins.

skywalker
    Free Member

Pretty cool that, certainly different.

cheese@4p

Wouldn’t like to land on the top tube!

njee20
    Free Member

Dear God, that’s horrific. Thought it was gonna be about this:

Which looks awesome!

D0NK

Looks a bit school boy dream bike, needs some lasers etc, but I quite like it actually. Very neat tensioner. Not sure about the bar/stem thing.

So what’s this honeycomb sandwich stuff? Cheaper/lighter/stronger than CF or just different?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If tron rode a push bike….

njee20
    Free Member

So what’s this honeycomb sandwich stuff? Cheaper/lighter/stronger than CF or just different?

It’s what Trek did on the OCLVs in the late 90s/early 2000s with Nomex.

jam-bo

i can still see it.

bigblackshed

I’m assuming the seatstay / chainstay detatch, otherwise your ‘Ooked when the belt snaps.

+1 on horrific.

D0NK

It’s what Trek did on the OCLVs in the late 90s/early 2000s with Nomex

so outdated then? or has he/they got some new tricks now? Whenever I see stuff like this I’m interested whether it’s got potential to be an improvement or the designer is just doing it to be different.

D0NK

I’m assuming the seatstay / chainstay detatch

[img]http://bmeres.com/images/nighthawk07.jpg[/img]looks like a split dropout

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Love the ingenuity* of that, although those sharp corners could be fun.
    and I’m a sucker for belt-drives 🙂

Any reviews of it anywhere? Is it lighter/stiffer/cheaper than conventional CF frames?

*note ingenuity is where the word “engineer” comes from. An engineer is NOT someone who fixes washing machines, unless they’re adapting parts from Graham Obree’s bike to do so.

njee20
    Free Member

so outdated then? or has he/they got some new tricks now? Whenever I see stuff like this I’m interested whether it’s got potential to be an improvement or the designer is just doing it to be different.

Dunno, this is being done differently in that it’s the whole tube. Trek used it around the BB/head tube junctions IIRC. But now they don’t, so who knows.

Do we know what this monstrosity costs and weighs, is there actually an advantage?

colournoise

Just me, or is it not actually real?

slainte ❓ rob

wwaswas

bagsy not being the first one to end up straddling the top tube with my feet off the ground.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Note: These are actual photos of the real frame and bicycle, not renderings.

portlyone

It’s not been on my radar for a while now

singlecrack
    Free Member

Good or bad it’s prob the future of bike building …

I quite like it thankfully 😉

Dylan08
    Free Member

Not usually into ‘niche-tastic’ bikes, but the one in the OP’s link looks great

Klunk
    Free Member

just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Just horrible, and I would love a disc equipped belt drive carbon flat bar singlespeed road bike.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘stealth bike’ is closed to new replies.