Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Staunton riders – help with "Bunkers"
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve ridden “Bunkers” a few times, but always following someone else.

Last two times I was up on the rocky ridge looking to do it again on my own, but I failed to find it.

First time I went along the ridge then came off on the left, missing it completely.

So the second time I took a right hand trail which also missed it. (The right hand one was pretty entertaining and ended with a jump over a large fallen tree)

But just where the hell is the start of “Bunkers” ?

Cheers.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Next left after the trail you found.

If you want some entertainment take the next on the right, “Camber” you shouldn’t die, maybe, if it’s dry.

Trimix
    Free Member

Cheers, I shall spend Saturday hoping its dry then 🙂

First two times I did Bunkers it was moist – took me three goes before I “rode” down it attached to the bike.

trusty

It won’t be, there’s just enough moisture to make the limestone in there pretty entertaining. Enjoy!

Trimix
    Free Member

I’m riding with two others, so I will send one of them down first – Canary style 🙂

Macgyver

Thank **** I won’t be there then after the last time you took me down that near vertical chute without any warning or heads up!
    I’ll make do with the riding where I am now – watching vultures* pick over the carcus of an armadillo and avoiding crashing into cactus (cacti?)

* technically they might be called turkey buzzards but they look like vultures 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Yes, but if I had told you it was coming you wouldn’t now be able to enjoy the smug feeling of doing it.

Marco got off, so did Dan. But this weekend it will be Dan’s second go, so he will just have to “give it a go” 🙂

Macgyver

Just back him up behind you right before it so he doesn’t have a choice.
    😉

sideshow
    Free Member

Is the top section of bunkered (is that the same trail?) decent again now?

Muchly enjoyed the resurrected camber the other day 😀

goyawave
    Free Member

From the ridge the trail goes off to the right before going round to the left and parallel to the ridge, and then you take a left fork hop over a small tree and its obvious from there…

Shite trail though nothing worth doing around there at all. Trails at Pedalaway are so much better 😯

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Staunton is rubbish anyhow. Maybe this post can just dissappear so no one is encouraged to ride there and waste their time…

Trimix
    Free Member

Yes, sorry for bringing it up. It really is pants.

Only good for BSO and numptys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Staunton riders – help with "Bunkers"’ is closed to new replies.