Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Static caravan hire
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Im looking at the possibility of a weekend / extended weekend with the family in late October (half term) in something like a static caravan. We’re looking just to chill out and please ourselves.
    We live on the IOW, so we’re looking at Hampshire / Sussex / Dorset coast.
    Anyone got any good recommendations that don’t cost the earth?
    Sadly the places I’ve looked at seem to double their prices at half term, the bastards.

russianbob
    Free Member

Have you tried Airbnb?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just had a look, bit out of my budget sadly.

the-muffin-man

Prices tend to be lower if you are prepared to be in-land a bit, rather than right on the coast.

bigyinn
    Free Member

We want to use it as a base, so coastal isn’t a prerequisite.

dave32
    Free Member

We have one at hoburne bashley in the New Forest, New Milton, just been refurbished and has great indoor pools and kids entertaintment in the evening.But I’ll imagine it’ll be the same as everyehere and prices put up just for that week.

russianbob
    Free Member

What’s your budget? And how many people?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sandy Balls ??

jimdubleyou

Went to the Parkdean one near Sandford in the summer for a couple of nights.

Bit like a low-rent Butlins.

Was ok for a couple of days.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It’s a bit further away, but we had a few days at a lovely farm in Colwall (near Malvern), off Evendine Lane the week before the August bank holiday.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/b%26b+colwall/@52.069278,-2.3544958,343m/data=!3m1!1e3

The farm offers bed&breakfast, while the grounds has a single caravan. Little pond by the house/caravan, bigger lake down the hill, great quiet area to chill out and take your bike if possible!

All booked by someone else, cannot find details at the mo.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Budget is around £300 for 2 adults and a child. Only want 4/5 days away. Moon on a stick???

I tried Sandy Balls, fully booked by the looks of it and too pricey.

dknwhy

I looked everywhere for that week too. Best I came up with is Rockley Park but is was £400 direct with the owners through UK Caravans 4 hire.com
    Unfortunately, the SE seems a bit dearer than everywhere else.
    You could look at the YHA site. EXTEND-005 got 20% off for Sept & Oct stays at certain places. Not sure if the code will still work though as it came through on an old email. The codes work on top of the normal family discount.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Static caravan hire’ is closed to new replies.