Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Starting running
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

you silly sod, how long did you run for?

hurty calves suggests you were either: Running on the balls of your feet, which isn’t the same as LANDING on the balls of your feet.

or: Running up hills.

if you’re going to run ‘forefoot’ you need to learn the technique – this takes time.

(you should land on the ball of your feet, and then let your heel down gently – it’s mostly about relaxing into the stride)

next time? – 10mins maximum.

molgrips
    Free Member

My calves are bloody killing me this morning after Sunday’s run. Any way (other than huge amounts of nurofen) to stop this happening next time?

It won’t do it (as much) next time. It’s called training, it means you get better at stuff 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

it means you get better at stuff

The transformation will be dramatic if you persevere and stay clear of injury.
    Stretch and warm up and down.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member
    you silly sod, how long did you run for?

hurty calves suggests you were either: Running on the balls of your feet, which isn’t the same as LANDING on the balls of your feet.

or: Running up hills.

if you’re going to run ‘forefoot’ you need to learn the technique – this takes time.

(you should land on the ball of your feet, and then let your heel down gently – it’s mostly about relaxing into the stride)

next time? – 10mins maximum.
    This covers everything I would have said – go on then, so we can guess how much pain you are in – how long DID you run for?

It won’t do it (as much) next time. It’s called training, it means you get better at stuff

Unless the silly sod injures himself after not listening to the advice he asked for…

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Starting running’ is closed to new replies.