• This topic has 170 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Starting running – any tips?
  • ciron
    Free Member

Hi Wallop, yes that was the TDS and you might have seen me. I finished in just under 27 hours for the 121km and 7,000m of elevation.

Coming out of Bourg St Maurice is really tough. 1,142 of ascent in 5km and that’s just the start of the climb. It’s 2,000m in total to the top of that section.

We saw the UTMB leaders come through Les Contamines on the Friday night. They were running faster than I do a 10km!

Digby

I finished in just under 27 hours for the 121km and 7,000m of elevation.

Congratulations ciron! well done indeed! 8)

v8ninety

I just completed the C25k program today. Feeling rather chuffed with my small achievement, even though it is somewhat humbled by the stuff above, lol.

surfer
    Free Member

I just completed the C25k program today. Feeling rather chuffed with my small achievement, even though it is somewhat humbled by the stuff above, lol.

Well done Ciron thats a proper adventure 🙂

V8 its not just about distance. A hard run 5k requires just as much commitment and training. Its about intensity. I wanted to get below 15:30 for 5k and trained pretty hard to do it and the fast guys train with incredible intensity to run close to 13 minutes. Dont let the distance fool you any distance is hard if your targets are tough enough.

oikeith

congrats V8ninety, you’ve beaten the wife who has taken nearly 2 years to not complete C25K!

Surfer that is some pace to do 15:30, Ive set myself the target of hitting 19:00 when the clocks go back!

v8ninety

Thanks chaps. My time was a more sedate 31mins, but it feels like quite the achievement nonetheless. I’m not sure I’ve ever been able to run 5k before, it’s always hurt my lower legs too much, leading to me giving up. I’m going to work on getting a little faster and a little further now…

v8ninety

Just ran a sub 30 mins 5k! 8) only 8 seconds sub 30, but it counts! Had to share 😆

thecaptain
    Free Member

Good effort! Important thing is to keep enjoying it, the gains will come over time if you keep on with it.

bigdean

Good job V8, i got to 28mins then for some reason hit CBA with a twitchy tendon so back at +30min. Did 10k race last week only 2nd 10k run, got to get back on it at some point to get to 25min for duathlon in march.
    Does running ever get fun?

wallop

MSP – see my above suggestion of the flip belt – that negates the need for an armband.

Ciron – bloody well done!

lunge

Does running ever get fun?

Fair question, it certainly becomes enjoyable at some point but fun? I’m not sure at all.
    I did a 20 mile run this weekend in prep for a marathon, it hurt, it was hard, my body screamed at me for large parts of it. Was it fun? Hell no. But did I enjoy it? Yes, in some ways I did.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘Starting running – any tips?’ is closed to new replies.