Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Starting over, mtb business?
  • frank4short
    Free Member

Say things weren't going to well for you but you were in a position where you might have say healthy seed capital to open a business & the opportunity to do this anywhere you wanted. What would you do? I'm thinking of the likes of say a mountainbike touring company in nepal or similar.

Just looking for other's ideas to help spur on my creative juices & formulate some plans.

DT78
    Free Member

A few posh log cabins in the hills near decent trail centres/natural trails with a bit of private land with your own well maintained northshore & DJs.

Provide some guiding & maybe skills (if you good enough) courses.

Link up with a local activity group to offer a wiider range of services for things like stag dos….

tis what I'd do.

I also liked the idea of frame building but that seems more of a hobby than a profitable enterprise.

sofatester
    Free Member

A few posh log cabins in the hills near decent trail centres/natural trails with a bit of private land with your own well maintained northshore & DJs.

Beat me to it!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I'd go for basic but functional etc and increase the numbers coming through the door. Maybe a camping barn as well.

Woody
    Free Member

Log cabin/chalet somewhere in the alps (or pick any location with 'proper' seasons/mountains) would be favourite with me. Bikes in the summer and snow in the winter = income for most of the year.

TheFlyingOx

Log cabin/chalet somewhere in the alps (or pick any location with 'proper' seasons/mountains) would be favourite with me. Bikes in the summer and snow in the winter = income for most of the year.

Would be nice. Stayed at a chalet in Chamonix last year, and it cost the owner 3 million Euros! Charging £2.5k a week, he'll be just about covering his mortgage I reckon.

Woody
    Free Member

That's ok if you want to rough it.

I had a lovely couple of weeks In this little log cabin

………………………in my dreams 8)

brant
    Free Member
    Woody
    Free Member

New 'office' ?

My folks have a little log cabin in the back garden and it's ace. I could quite happily live in it 😮

chiefgrooveguru

I gather there's big business in bearings.

ianv
    Free Member

A woodward type facility with added uplifts somewhere warm like southern Portugal/Spain.

ART

Another 'what DT78 and sofatester said'. Sounds like you'd like to be abroad? Guess you'll need to get your research and exploring hat on … lots of travel/ guiding operations our there so you'd want to find your niche..

singletrackhor
    Free Member

lol! @ photoshop on the beaver log cabin site, looks like they hover 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

They should do for that money!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Starting over, mtb business?’ is closed to new replies.