Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Starter Motor problems
  • Earl
    Free Member

My 3 month old (refurbished) starter motor has started playing up in the last 3 weeks.

First start in the morning all I hear is a light spinning sound. Second and subsequent time I turn the key it starts up fine. Battery seams fine.

I’m thinking the bone is not being thrown far enough (or at all) to engage the fly wheel.

1) Faulty solenoid? Replace starter/solenoid
    2) Sticky bone? Replace starter/solenoid
    3) To much resistance in the power cables in winter time so not enough juice is being delivered to the starter/solenoid? Replace the original 10 year old power cables the run form battery to starter/solenoid.

Any input much appreciated.

steveh

Is it still under warranty even as a refurb? If so send it back to get it checked at least.

Earl
    Free Member

Yes it is but I’m very curious.
    Secondly I need to pay a garage to remove the unit which means I need to have another unit for them to fit.

spooky_b329

My starter does this occasionally, will be watching this thread 🙂

Earl
    Free Member

As suggested on google, it may also be a faulty override clutch inside the starter – but that all I know about that.

kaiser
    Free Member

Go on Youtube and look for “Daves farm” he has loads of brilliant videos including one on starter motors which helped me sort /understand mine. Highly recommended!

scraprider
    Free Member

12 months parts warrenty provided you have the invoice, they are unlikely to cover labour as well, but if you talk to them nicly you may get something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Starter Motor problems’ is closed to new replies.