Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Starbucks VIA Instant coffee
  • bruneep

Coffee comes in a jar, put a spoonful in a cup, put hot water on, drink.

The stuff in jars is coffee flavouring, it bears little resemblance to proper coffee.

molgrips
    Free Member

The stuff in jars is actually real coffee freeze dried. So it does in fact have a lot in common with real coffee.

bruneep

nah it doesn't.

Its tastes nothing like coffee

TooTall
    Free Member

I love those slagging the coffee snobs – I suppose they iz all SARASIN RIDERZ then? Or are they bike snobs who find other snobbery (that they don't understand) scary?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

lol +1 TooTall

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Amen to Vrapan's comments. Milk Bar is also good.

All the chains turn out is buckets of hot milk, with at best a very weak taste, usually a very weak, bad, taste. The espresso, neat, is undrinkable. Really, really rank.

…and yes, if I'm going to somewhere I don't know, I will do a bit of research first, and find out where's good. I'd far rather not drink any coffee, than drink bad coffee. Most of the time I stick to what I make at home, which is made with fresh, non-burnt beans, and is way better than any chain, and not far off the gourmet places.

For travel, the Sainsburys coffee bags that someone else mentioned aren't too bad, or I'll take a Cafetiere and some preground stuff, although that's far from ideal as the coffee goes off after a couple of days.

For all the detractors, I'm into coffee the way some people take wine or whisky seriously. Maybe it is poncy, but that's my decision.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'd far rather not drink any coffee, than drink bad coffee

Me too.

Sometimes, purism is a burden, is it not? Something that's meant to bring joy ends up being a pain in the arse. Like, you want to enjoy a nice coffee but all you get is disappointment. I get that, and I'm apparently less of a connoiseur than JonEdwards.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Starbucks VIA Instant coffee’ is closed to new replies.