Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Star washer removal from forks
  • Rockape
    Free Member

Hi everybody. Does anyone know an easy way to remove star washer from pike forks? It seam to be sealed at the bottom of the steerer so cannot just drive it down out of the bottom help!! The forks are pike race with steel steerer.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Drill the threaded insert out then pull the rest out as it should have lost all support strength then.
    Worked for me anyways

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

If it is damaged just drive it down deeper, fit another and forget about it. Its a steel pike so you aren’t weight concious! Head Doctors etc are a solution looking for a problem IMO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockape
    Free Member

Thanks RDL-82 I had thought about this. But thought it would be best to get stw users advice cheers.
    Stuarlangwilson cheers for advice it’s a hope head doc that’s going in along with new headset.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

You could just use your sfn and sell the head doctor which comes with your headset.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve bought a Hope headset and want the top cap to match then in all honesty I’d just use the top cap and bolt from the hope with the sfn already fitted and not bother with the expanding wedge part of the hed doctor more faff and in hindsight is what I would do next time.

Rockape
    Free Member

Drilled and removed thankyou all for your help. Never thought about using just the bolt and cap! But not to worry all ready for for new headset and fitting. 😀

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

No worries!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Star washer removal from forks’ is closed to new replies.