Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Star Wars Phantom Menace 3D
  • scruff
    Free Member

Is it worth watching ? ( as a Star Wars fan)

passtherizla
    Free Member

It wasn’t worth watching the first time round… don’t see how 3D will make it any better.

Those films had the potential to be so rad… But George just wanted to make it in a Disney style.

billyboulders
    Free Member

I would quite like to see the pod-race sequence in 3d. I’d have to leave when that bit finished. (As a Star Wars fan!)

AndyP
    Free Member

You can’t polish a turd.

kimbers

if my son was old enough id go

even if it is a dissapointing film overall bits would still be good

joao3v16
    Free Member

3D shouldn’t make or break a film.

If you enjoyed the film for what it is then I expect it’ll be just as enjoyable with a bit of 3D thrown in.

If you already think Star Wars is overrated, or just didn’t like the film, then I expect you’ll still think this despite the 3D bells and whistles.

SaxonRider

Loved the original three films. A 3D version of the Phantom Menace can only mean watching shit with a headache.

MoreCashThanDash

Went to watch this the other night with a mate, both very disappointed.

Could barely notice any 3D effects at all, the pod race was especially disappointing. Just like watching a blurry version of the 2D film.

A couple of my son’s friends have seen it and said the same thing.

theflatboy
    Free Member

watching 3d films makes me think i might need glasses… 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

It would be cheaper to drink 4 cans of Special Brew and watch the original Phantom Menace.
    It would be more satisfying to smash Lucas in the face and watch A New Hope 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Don’t bother . I went with my son last weekend and as said above pretty pish poor …..not what I was expecting from a 3d film .

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I bet Jar Jar Binks is really amusing and endearing in 3D.

Klunk
    Free Member

I bet betcha betcha Jar Jar Binks is really amusing and endearing in 3D.

FIFY

scruff
    Free Member

Had 4 pints in the Sun instead.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Doesn’t the 3D effect also depend on the cinema? I remember being blown away by the 3D for Avatar, but other people said it was rubbish (i’m talking about the effects here, i didn’t go expecting an amazing story or anything).

showerman
    Free Member

but is it a true 3d film or that fake 3d thing trickery they can do.

Cougar

This.

I love 3D movies when they’re actually filmed in 3D, but the post-production 3D types are bobbins. CGI scenes aside, I fail to see how a reasonable-to-mediocre movie is suddenly going to be salvaged by a bit of 3D hackery.

PrinceJohn

I love 3D movies when they’re actually filmed in 3D, but the post-production 3D types are bobbins. CGI scenes aside, I fail to see how a reasonable-to-mediocre movie is suddenly going to be salvaged by a bit of 3D hackery.

+1

George Lucas will not be happy until he collects the last penny from every star wars fans’ bank account.

igm

My five year old loved it.

Personally I think 3D detracts from a film (any film). To me it looks like a number of flat objects at various distances rather than actually 3D.

Now good conventional camera work with a shallow depth of field and flowing the focus to the focal point of the scene or the character who is speaking or is most critical to watch – that works exceedingly well. Unsurprisingly perhaps because as I understand it, that’s (roughly) how your eye works – it has a far shallower depth of field than most camera shots and you constantly move the focus to where you need it to be.

And yes I was disappointed by Star Wars I-III when they first came out so not great.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I took my nephew (his choice of film) crap as expected. There’s hardly any 3d bits and it’s as rubbish a film as it was the first time round. Only this time I wasn’t expecting to like it, so I can’t say I was let down by it. Your money was better spent in the pub.

Drac

It wasn’t meant to be done in 3D so it’ll be very poor. James Cameron is pushing 3D big time so kicking off with Avatar he filmed it to work well with 3D and it did in iMax. Films done 10+ years later aren’t going to work too well.

Northwind

PrinceJohn – Member

George Lucas will not be happy until he collects the last penny from every star wars fans’ bank account.

A friend of mine has a star wars tattoo- I’m constantly expecting George Lucas to turn up at his door with a switchblade and either take a million pounds off him in royalties or cut it from his flesh.

jimc101
    Free Member

If your going to watch it in 3D, you may as well make it interesting, the Redlettermedia commentary will make it bearable

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Star Wars Phantom Menace 3D’ is closed to new replies.