• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mr_C.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Star Wars on blu ray
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Has anyone seen the Star Wars film on blu ray yet? Officially not out till Monday and hoping the picture quality is first rate.

Potter
    Free Member

I haven’t seen it yet but surely if it’s not recorded in blu ray then all they can do is clean it up etc??

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Some films I have seen look fantastic on blu ray, and superior to the standard DVD, even older film’s, Dirty Harry from 1971 for example looks fantastic on blu ray.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

heard somewhere that on a starwars forum the geeks are having a fit over these new remakes as GL has changed Yoda from a puppet to CGI in one of the episodes and one of the alien animals makes a different “growling noise” !!

The mind boggles ! 🙄

billybob
    Free Member

Also apparently Vader shouts no!!! at the end of ROTJ. Perhaps Lucas should’ve listened to Vader…

pypdjl
    Free Member

I haven’t seen it yet but surely if it’s not recorded in blu ray then all they can do is clean it up etc??

It was filmed on film, funnily enough. Effectively a much higher resolution than bluray.

5lab

I got mine on blu-ray on friday. Its meant to not be out till thursday (16th) so I guess Tesco are just being extra-efficient. Good on them

richmtb

It was filmed on film, funnily enough. Effectively a much higher resolution than bluray.

Correct! The age of the movie doesn’t neccesarily have any bearing on the quality of the Blu-ray transfer. Some older movies shot on large format film (like 70mm) look stunning on Blu-ray

hels
    Free Member

And they have made Luke scream like a girl when he falls down the big hole after the “I am your father, Luke” bit.

The later films are awful whatever the format tho sorry… the only thing that would make me watch them again would be if the All Black back row did a striptease in front of the screen shouting “Helen is The Queen” etc all during the films.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

The later films are awful whatever the format tho sorry…

eh? which films are these? i’m unaware of any star wars films made after epVI: ROTJ… 😉

anyway, anyone that’s got the bluray set yet, have you watched it? is the additional audio real, and would you say it’s a dealbreaker? i’ve been waiting for the original trilogy release for aaages, pretty gutted if GL has ruined it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t think the bestestest Bluray experience could ever possibly, in a month of wet Sundays, make me feel the way I did when I first saw the original at the Harrogate Odeon all those years ago. I think I saw it three times in the first week it came out, having to queue down the road every time.

scruff
    Free Member

Lets be honest, Lord of the Rings is better.

PJM1974
    Free Member

And let’s not forget that Greedo fired first…

kimbers

5lab

there’s more ‘tweaks’ in the way of greedo fired first with this release..

From the reviews I’ve read, the picture and sound are both superb. I’ve not watched it myself yet, doing a marathon next Sunday 🙂

ericemel
    Free Member

Got mine last friday – so far awesome! Yes better than DVD versions.

dogbert
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday, only watched Jedi (me and the wife watched Empire last week) got to say the transfer is fantastic, but the older films seem to transfer better than more up to date titles.

With regards to the changes? Couldn’t give a monkeys……..many bands remix and remaster their albums over and over again for no reason than to make money off their output. The fanny boys that are moaning about it all will moan regardless what happens to their precious film, and that includes the whole cast coming round and performing it live in their living room.

pypdjl
    Free Member

With regards to the changes? Couldn’t give a monkeys

Why have you bought them if you have no interest in the films?

matthewjb
    Free Member

the only thing that would make me watch them again would be if the All Black back row did a striptease in front of the screen shouting “Helen is The Queen” etc all during the films.

I believe Lucas has this planned for a later release.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I remember going to see Star Wars at the cinema way back in 1977, it was an incredible experience. I was a huge leap for it’s time and was like nothing you had seen before.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I remember going to see Star Wars at the cinema way back in 1977, it was an incredible experience

+Onefahsandmilliontrillionbillion.

First film I ever saw in a cinema. Was five years old, and completely awe-struck. I doubt any film since has made such a lasting impression on me.

_tom_
    Free Member

*chuckle*

Mr_C
    Free Member

I still remember standing in the queue around the time it came out – it’s one of those really vivid memories from my childhood which seem like last week. Can’t believe it’s 34 years ago, I feel old.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Star Wars on blu ray’ is closed to new replies.