Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Staple Gun
  • wheelie

My girlfriend has been watching too many of those interior design reality shows! She is after a staple gun for Christmas. Would be used for fabrics and possibly basic re-upholstering. Any recommendations grateful. Prefer under about £60 +-

northernmatt

£60! I got one for about £8 to do some work round the house with so you should be able to get a really good one for about £30. Screwfix sell them.

somouk
    Free Member

Aldi had a deal on some not long back, might be worth checking the local ones to see if they’re still in.

I’ve used a mates for holding the backs on to ikea wardrobes etc, great bits of kit.

ajantom

The Lidl one I got a while ago is great. Does staples, u-nails and small panel pins. Comes in a case, and is better than the work one I have which probably cost 4 times as much.

twicewithchips
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

TK Maxx do em as well

RustyNissanPrairie

Draper one from Asda for £7. Fires small brads, u staple/nails and standard staples.

£53 left to spend on polyfilla/decorating caulk.

somafunk

Lidl have one on offer at the moment for £2.99 or thereabouts with a selection of staples, comes with a decent plastic container – perfectly decent in operation.

JoeG
    Free Member

IMO, these with the reversed handle are easier to use.

maccruiskeen

Be careful you’re not putting the cart before the horse buying from somewhere like Lidl. Its the staples you need in the long run, not the gun. A one week special offer on the gun and no staples in stock for the rest of the year isn’t a bargain – buy from somewhere local to you that also reliably stocks the consumables. This is particularly the case with any of the battery/mains powered staplers which can use funny non standard staples which even the shops that sell the guns don’t stock.

I’d steer clear of ‘heavy duty’ maybe. They require more hand strength and can be tiring to use. The staples are also more prominent and harder to hide, and the holes they make more obvious when you remove them. I’d go for a Stanley Light Duty, rather than the heavy duty, its nice and shiny, easier on your hands and the ‘Type A’ staples are easy to source.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Staple Gun’ is closed to new replies.