Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stanton switchback size??
  • peeler
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a switchback, and just curious as to sizes
    Who has one? How do you find it and size?
    I’m 6.2

mtbguiding
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and have a large (18″). It’s great for me but at the large end of great. Would guess it would be good at your height, but probably at the small end of good. Hope that helps?

peeler
    Free Member

It does a bit it is going to be on the smaller side of things but guess it will be alot of fun, but still a niggle about height

wayniac
    Free Member

Weird, two simultaneous sizing questions about the two exact bikes I own (YT Capra thread)

I’m 6’1″ and on a MK1 18″ frame with 50mm stem and it feels a touch short, been toying with a 70mm stem but didn’t want to screw the handling.

I know they now come in two different reaches for each frame size and comparing the geometry charts it looks like my 1st gen 18″ slots in between the short/long 2nd gen 18″.

Based on this I would recommend you get a 18″ long reach. It’s what I would get if buying again.

robertgray05
    Free Member

What do you ride at the moment? Want to compare with the Switchback on this website wot we built?

Stanton Switchback 631 mk2 2017 on geometrygeeks.bike

Dunno if we have your current bike yet, but you can add it easily yourself if not.

peeler
    Free Member

I’ll have a wee look at that too.
    Currently ride a trek remedy 9.8 21.5 so it is a very different bike but after a bike that I can play on

Prob similar to you guys

The 18 long is prob going to be the one

chiefgrooveguru

What do you ride at the moment? Want to compare with the Switchback on this website wot we built?

Stanton Switchback 631 mk2 2017 on geometrygeeks.bike

Dunno if we have your current bike yet, but you can add it easily yourself if not.

Have you thought about adding a feature which adjusts the figures to compensate for sag? Static figures don’t really work for comparing fit and angles between full-sus and hardtails, as the latter get steeper and longer, whilst the former get a lot lower and usually a little slacker and shorter.

robertgray05
    Free Member

@chiefgrooveguru yes point taken – thinking about a calculator thingy. Quite a bit of work but I know I’d use it!

chiefgrooveguru

@chiefgrooveguru yes point taken – thinking about a calculator thingy. Quite a bit of work but I know I’d use it!

Excellent. If you can include something to also allow fork changes and their affect on geometry that would be cool too. And angle and reach adjust headsets.

For maximum geekery you could also include the changes in chainstay length and wheelbase caused by the rear suspension sag, as most full-sus bikes get longer – that requires kinematic analysis though…

I’ve used this site a lot: http://bikegeo.muha.cc/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stanton switchback size??’ is closed to new replies.