Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Stanton slackline
  • flow
    Free Member

I raced an Exposif in DH races and it never broke… Mr Peat was in the same team and his never broke either….

Be careful Dave, you risk being told you don’t have a clue what you are going on about by these boys, they clearly know better.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I don’t know about that. Back in the day before all these stupid bike categories, any hardtail (GT Zaskar, Kona Explosif etc) was used for that exact purpose.

Back in the day, tracks werent as gnarly and jumps werent as big!

flow
    Free Member

Back in the day, tracks werent as gnarly and jumps werent as big!

So David, please tell me what year the hills and rocks in the UK got bigger 😆

GW
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2i9S4r_yQ[/video]
    I still remember half the riders shitting themselves at how mental/difficult the track was the first time an NPS was held at innerleithen (’95?), it wasn’t realy anything too difficult/gnarly back then, the track is still pretty much intact (albeit a little blown out in places) and would be considered pretty tame by todays standards, it is indeed still regularly minced down on XC bikes without them breaking.

I actually oved Zaskars but happened to know a few riders who cracked them, they weren’t racing DH on them tho. 😉 later on LTSs were way worse for cracking.

iDave
    Free Member

Back in the day there were no synthetic trail centres and no one told us what we weren’t supposed to ride over either, so it was all fair game. My guess is that Steve Peat racing DH on a rigid explosif was giving the frame more stick than some neck-brace ninja at cannock.

GW
    Free Member

I agree

mrblobby
    Free Member

Brilliant video, thanks for that.

iDave
    Free Member

I rode that race GW, minus my contact lenses, think I was twenty nineteenth or something…

Northwind

flow – Member

Thats BS, there are loads of them still about

Well in that case, this will be easily settled. You go and buy one, I’ll lend you my Lyriks and give you a lift up to Glencoe and see how it gets on.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Love the old video. Amazing how things have changed in dh

jameso

Good clip! You can tell those guys have skills, if you saw someone riding a narrow-bar XC bike like that now you’d be impressed.
    Makes me wonder why it took so long for things like wider bars and shorter stems to appear – they’re all riding with the saddles up too(pedally course tho). I guess there’s always reasons why what we have now is good and fashion / majority opinion is persuasive. Same thing for 150mm hardtails maybe – will we look back and wonder why?

GW
    Free Member

Well in that case, this will be easily settled. You go and buy one, I’ll lend you my Lyriks and give you a lift up to Glencoe and see how it gets on.

I’m calling “shotgun” now!! 8)

prezet
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Stanton slackline’ is closed to new replies.