• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Rosss.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa,anyone got one,opinions please
  • icarus
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting one to replace my recently sold Cotic Solaris,anyone tried or got one?,what do you think of them?

blacknose
    Free Member

I have one. It’s absurdly capable and fun to ride. I’ve done all day XC rides, trail centres, big natural rides and even chuck it down parts of the Y Mynydd downhill track (probably not advised in the manual).

The geometry is solid, efficient pedalling but descends well, and the short back end keeps it from feeling like a barge. Also being nice steel the ride is really comfy and supple.

I’ve pretty much only been using my full-sus for bike parks, DH, uplift days etc since I got it. I’m actually thinking of going to only having the Sherpa and a DH bike, it’s that much fun and that capable – providing of course that you have the skills to pay the bills.

NormalMan

Genuine question, as a Solaris owner, what are you looking for from the Sherpa that the Cotic didn’t provide?

Not trolling. Just curious.

daftvader
    Free Member

Probably one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden…. It’s put my canyon fs in the garage for the last 4 months!! As blacknose says it’s insanely capable and really comfortable for all day rides and messing about at trail centres…. I’ve ridden mine as a ss and geared and look forward to riding it.

blacknose
    Free Member

Related:

icarus
    Free Member

Normal Man,i had the Solaris for 3 years and enjoyed it,just fancied something new is all

NormalMan

Cool, thanks. I’d certainly consider one if I didn’t have the Solaris or was looking for a change.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I am curious on sizing at 6ft is the 19″ the right size to be on? I have tried medium and large souls previously and never been totally comfortable on either?
    Richard

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m also 6′ and the 19 is a perfect fit.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Great thanks, need to get a ride on one I think.
    Richard

transition1
    Free Member

sorry to dig up an oldish thread but what length travel forks are people running on their Sherpa’s?

thanks

icarus
    Free Member

I run 120mm Reba’s on mine,feels very good,i love this bike!

fbk
    Free Member

120mm Floats – I wouldn’t want anything less tbh but I enjoy the downs more 🙂

this_wreckage
    Free Member

120mm Traces’ here. Seems to be a theme…!

transition1
    Free Member

cool thanks, website says between 80-120 100 being best.
    i tend to run longer forks so good to hear people running 120.
    might look at getting one would be my 1st 29er…

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Beauty of a frame, genuine joy to ride, you wouldn’t regret it!

johnj2000
    Free Member

120 X fusion on mine. Enjoying it so far but haven’t done a huge amount on it yet.

Rosss
    Free Member

What are these frames like for mile munching? I don’t race so am looking at either this or the Solaris built light as a XC/training bike that is fun on the descents to compliment my 160mm bike. If anyone is selling a 19″ give me a shout please.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa,anyone got one,opinions please’ is closed to new replies.