Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stans ZTR Flows or something else for 'All Mountain/Enduro'? Waddaya using STW?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Want a nice wide and tough rim whilst still keeping it relatively light, will be setting ’em up tubeless as well. Are Flow’s still the popular choice for ‘All Mountain/Enduro’ riding?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Flows sound like they would ideal for you or you could try the Arch if you want to save a little bit more weight

Northwind

Yup, flows are your benchmark there really, that’s what I’m using for what’s probably much the same sort of riding and they’ve been flawless.

Mugboo

I like my Flows but getting the 2.35 High Roller on was bloody tough. Not looking forward to my first night ride puncture!

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Currently got some Pro 3 and Pro 2 Flow’s, Crest’s (kind of a v.lightweight, mid-width version of Flow) and Bontrager Rythym’s.

For my 88 to 90kg weight, I find the Flows are by far the best for rocky natural riding on a 5″ travel bike. If you can afford the Hope Pro 3 SP/AM on Flows, they’re well worth the money – very nice stiff and strong wheels. Doddle to go tubeless with Stans kit aswell.

Northwind

Not sure why people are having trouble fitting tyres… I think you guys might cry if you tried getting my double ply Highrollers onto my 729s :mrgreen:

backhander
    Free Member

I’ve gone from flows to arch’s. Tyres seat just as well, I can’t detect any squirming and they feel just as stiff to me (so far).
    Only a suggestion.
    I remember roger musson telling me that he considered 355s to be strong enough for a 15st rider on pretty rough trails. But narrow though (I’ve had some of those too!).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stans ZTR Flows or something else for 'All Mountain/Enduro'? Waddaya using STW?’ is closed to new replies.