Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stans ZTR Crest Rims
  • gordy2
    Free Member

What tyres fit reasonably easily to this rim?

mattjg
    Free Member

Search forum history you’ll find masses on this, it’s been done several times.

Me, tubeless: Bontrager Mud X, Schwalbe Rocket Ron Evo, ’11 version I think.

Seek, you shall find.

thepurist

XR4 & Ignitor went on fine for me.

gordy2
    Free Member

Cheers for that.I’ll try the Bontys.

widge34
    Free Member

My Bonty mud X’s were a pain in the ass. I now have folding Conti Mountain King Protection black chills. They went on pretty good. 2.4 on front 2.2 on rear. Great tyre by the way.

JRTG
    Free Member

As above done billions of times but not sure why tbh! Yes a little tight but nothing compared to the old ritchey ocb rims phewy!! (90’s reto comment…) Plenty of tips on line to get tight tyres on and off, just takes a little technique and tyre levers will be a thing of the past.

mattjg
    Free Member

Bear in mind whatever you use needs to be loose enough that you can get it off, on the trail, and then on again with a tube in, in the event of a tyre tear or flat the goo won’t plug. I’ve had this happen.

IA

nothing compared to the old ritchey ocb rims

True story!

jimification
    Free Member

Crests, you say?

/Makes that sucking in sound that a mechanic at a car garage makes right after lifting up the bonnet…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Maxxis Advantage’s go on themselves. A blind monkey with no thumbs could get them on & off.

/Makes that sucking in sound that a mechanic at a car garage makes right after lifting up the bonnet…

Why? Had an issue with them?

househusband

Specialized 2Bliss tyres seat and inflate far more easily on my Crest rims than they do my Flows!

br
    Free Member

Every tyre I’ve tried has pretty much gone on every rim I needed it to, and 2 sets of Crests here running tubeless – no problems.

jimification
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock: Always! – I host regular wrestling matches between me, Stans and Schwalbe. I still rate the Crests though – very strong for the weight.

daveb
    Free Member

Nobby Nics and Racing Ralph are a bit of a nightmare to get on. High Rollers and Advantage no problems, I havent tried any others

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stans ZTR Crest Rims’ is closed to new replies.