Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stans + tubular tyres does that work?
  • andyfb78
    Free Member

Hi All,

does stans work in a tubular tyre as well as it works in a tubeless tyre?

(ie road or cross bike type tyre not a tytre with a tube…..)

aP
    Free Member

I use stans in Tufo cross tubs, not I’m sure how achievable it is with other brands as Tufo have removable valve cores.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It will depend what the tube is made of. You might be better with a formula that doesn’t contain ammonia, such as Cafe Latex.

njee20
    Free Member

I used some Stan’s in Conti Competitions. Never punctured, so it may have worked 😕

I also have a holepunch on my desk which keeps away elephants…

BIGMAN
    Free Member

If fixing tubs use Cafelatex for reason stated above.

I have used it to fix FMB and Dugast tubs in the past with no problems.

rossm
    Free Member

I’ve used it in non UST Mountain Kings for ages. At first the new tyres drink up a bit of sealant as the sidewalls seal – for a couple of weeks every time I got the bike out of the shed the tyres were near flat. The trick is to store the bike upside down during this sealing up period. That way if a tyre does drop to 5 psi (say) it doesn’t get squooshed and break the seal on the rim. Just pump them up before you sit the bike back on its wheels for a ride.

You might find it easier to get the first fitting seal if you run the new tyres tubed for a while – that way the beads get stretched to fit the rim. Otherwise it can be nearly impossible, even with a compressor.

cynic-al
    Free Member

interesting tip ross but he’s talking about tubular road tyres.

andyfb78
    Free Member

ok so not stans, but cafe latex..

ta

Andy

aracer
    Free Member

I also have a holepunch on my desk which keeps away elephants…

Don’t be silly – it’s nothing to do with the holepunch, elephants are afraid of desks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stans + tubular tyres does that work?’ is closed to new replies.