Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans sealant going solid ?
  • oldfart

Me and a mate bought a big bottle and had half each . Filled up 2 pint bottles , used over half of mine but now the rest has gone solid yet his is still ok . That’s despite sealing the bottle in a plastic bag . Wondering if it’s worth buying a box of the little dropper bottles instead at least they would all be individually sealed ? Have noticed as well after a few months some of the stuff in the tyre turns into snowflakes as well ? Is there a better make out there ? What about Slime ?

scotroutes

I had an opened bottle of Stans last over two years without going solid, maybe you didn’t re-seal it well enough?

You are supposed to refresh it in your tyres every few months anyway.

welshfarmer

You really have to shake the hell out of it before pouring it. My guess is your mate got the first pourings from the original bottle and you got all the heavy stuff out of the bottom. In which case neither of you had a particularly effective solution.

oldfart

We deffo gave it a darn good shake before divvying up , tyres are still up so that’s one good thing . 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Little bottles aren’t the answer either, we’ve had a few unopened ones that were solid. No amount of shaking is going to mix something we couldn’t even penetrate with a screwdriver.

oldfart

Cheers Coatesy that’s that out then 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans sealant going solid ?’ is closed to new replies.