Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Stans rims (non)availability?
  • legend
    Free Member

I was thinking about rebuilding my wheels onto ZTR Flow Exs this summer, so was having a look last night to see how much they’re going for at the moment. Tried CRC, Merlin, Wiggle, Bike Discount, Rose and plain old eBay and couldn’t find them anywhere. Very, very limited selection of any Stans rims at all in fact. Heard other tales of shops not being able to get hold of them from the supplier too.

Does anyone know what’s going on? e.g. out of production or just waiting for new stock?

FWIW, I’m after old skool 26″ versions

simondbarnes

Heard other tales of shops not being able to get hold of them from the supplier too.

That’s strange, because the supplier has them in stock.

shermer75
    Free Member

Hmmm, I hope they haven’t stopped making them in this size!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

was no stock here in Oz at the back end of last year, got some from the UK then, guessing there may be some shortages etc. in some places.

br
    Free Member

I’d guess that no one is going to get more stock in, so probably easiest to go with an LBS and get them to order them in.

tbh I’d been looking as well as I’d mashed a pair of Crests, but by the time I’d bought the rims, new spokes and paid the labour it’ll be cheaper to buy s/h wheels – so will have my old hubs as spares (all Hope).

legend
    Free Member

That’s strange, because the supplier has them in stock.

That might’ve been a while back so maybe not relevant now. Who is the UK distributor?

It’s not just 26″ that seem limited, very little of other sizes too and Merlin seem to be almost giving away some 29″ models.

Good to know that they should be easily available though. If a bit odd that a lot of the big guns seem to not be carrying them

simondbarnes

Who is the UK distributor?

Paligap

legend
    Free Member

None in stock there either Stevied. UK Bike Store have always been good at getting hold of kit quickly for me though

stevied
    Free Member

Says stock @ distributor on UKBS, 2 day availability

jonk

Superstar have them in stock

godzilla
    Free Member

Wrong thread

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Stans rims (non)availability?’ is closed to new replies.