Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stans gone off in bottle
  • jemima
    Free Member

Hi,

My Stans sealant has partially gone off in the bottle and there’s a fair lump of coalesced latex, but still quite a lot of fluid. Do we reckon all the good puncture fixing ‘microparticles’ will be in the solid lump or still be a decent distribution in the remaining fluid?

In other words, will it work or not? Anybody tried?

Cheers.

alexxx
    Free Member

boil half a handful of rice and chuck it in the bottle.. but ultimately i’d get some more… I’ve used liquid latex before (no particles) and it’s been fine in Morzine for a season.. so you’d probably be ok.. depending on what tyres / pressures you use.

jemima
    Free Member

Rice? 😯

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve heard of people using glitter, but not rice. 😕

jemima
    Free Member

Glitter would be nice and show up when you’ve got a puncture well 🙂

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I have just such a bottle and it seems to be working – strangely the lump is at the top, so hopefully enough particles left at the bottom to come back into suspension with a good shake?

jemima
    Free Member

Great – positive experience confirmation thanks! Mine lumped-up at the top of the bottle as well. It has been vigorously shaken up…

thesurfbus
    Free Member

In Scotland we use porridge instead of glitter

tillydog
    Free Member

^Edible Christmas cards? Very thrifty!

jemima
    Free Member

Right, so my tyres are now full of glittery-porridgy-rice and my Christmas cards are a disaster. Will I get any punctures?

jambalaya
    Free Member

In Scotland we use porridge instead of glitter

😀

CheesybeanZ

Wack it in the microwave for a couple of minutes ,it’ll turn back to liquid – what could possibly go wrong 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stans gone off in bottle’ is closed to new replies.