• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by sp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stans flow tubeless conversion
  • mactheknife

Okay, i bought a set of flows a months or so back. These are on Hope pro2 evo hubs. As such the rims have the green porous tape attached.

From my LBS’s recommendation i bought a stans conversion kit to go tubeless.

But it came with very slim yellow tape. Every video and tutorial i have watched shows or specifies wider tape that covers the whole of the inside of the rim. At 55 quid spent on this kit i will be pretty pi”ed off to have to buy more kit.

Any ideas. Im going down to the LBS for a full idiots guide 🙂 tomorrow but if you guys have the answer then fire away.

jota180
    Free Member

What size tape was in the kit?
    IIRC you need 25mm for the Flows

Onzadog
    Free Member

What kit did you get? There’s a Hope one with the wide tape, two valves and two little bottles of sealant for about £20.

specialeyes
    Free Member

I think stans do different size tape for different rims. I bought the hope flow tubeless kit from crc for 20 quid. It had the correct tape for flow rims, 2 valves and 2 bottles of sealant. That’s all I needed. Wrong kit maybe?

Edit-onzadog beat me to it. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

At £55 it sounds like you got rubber rim strips that you don’t need for flow rims.

mactheknife

looks like its the wrong kit. out came with 2 room strips. slim yellow tape and sealant. winner. 😯

specialeyes
    Free Member

Can you send/take it back?

mactheknife

yep, just been on the phone. It’s going back tomorrow. Cheers for conforming i wwasn’t going off my head 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Never said you weren’t going off your head, just said you had the wrong kit. 😉

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just to confirm. All you need is 25mm yellow tape and two valves
    Just watch the stans video the tape can be a little odd to use if it’s your first time

mactheknife

cheers for the help guys 🙂

sp
    Free Member

FWIW a top tip from this very site – use electrical insulation tape, couple of wraps and job done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stans flow tubeless conversion’ is closed to new replies.