Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stanley Compressor from Screwfix… question to owners
  • mrmoofo

Dear all,

I have one of these – mainly to make going tubeless far easier. Which is does. As my local bike shop quoted 15 quid inflate one tyre, it also seems a sensible investment.

Now, one issue, it comes supplied with tools – which are not of the greatest quality. The inflation tool and gauge are fine, but as i get towards 40psi, most of the air seems to be leaking out from the compressor tool, and the adaptor on the valve…

Is this a common problem, or am I doing something wrong?
    Or should I be looking at replacing with a better inflator set up ….

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t have any experience with that compressor, but most inflators are really designed for car use, around 30psi. Park make a lovely one for bike use, but it’s not particularly cheap.

trail_rat
    Free Member

chop the head off

fit a locking pump head like off of a track pump onto the end.

improves it no end.

mintimperial

I have one of these, does the job.

Superficial
    Free Member

chop the head off
    fit a locking pump head like off of a track pump onto the end.
    improves it no end.

This. You can cut through the schraeder tubing that you’ve got and stick a track pump head on there. One of these will push straight on and makes it much better to use. Better than a Prestaflator and far cheaper.

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/5598272654502640085?q=topeak+Joe+blow+head&espv=2&biw=1422&bih=704&site=webhp&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&ion=1&tch=1&ech=1&psi=b2dYVYLOI6Kd7gbDloPoCw.1431857018725.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX8ZthfVVsgktOpwOKrKmiJtO9LhoRQzvvuwO33UM61yA-yEoJ7uqNdcFPFZJUN3CCyQRXHUt9rld4G756agxZ055Rvhgc0_8C-wvUWMWqdjbQEMFvBIZAFPVH70Ulm84-pe9ttiDOvnoR5fEnB3Dgg&ved=0CBMQpis&ei=gGdYVeHrN6Ky7QasnID4CA

If you’ve still got air leaks you might need to seal all the connections with Teflon tape (try eBay).

mrmoofo

I have one of these, does the job.

It sort of has one of those already, but a poor quality version ….

Tis ironic – it will seat tubeless – but then I need a Joe Blow pump to get it to 40 psi!

singlesman
    Free Member

Something’s not right, mine holds 8bar/120psi, are you sure it’s not leaking from the condensation drain underneath the main compressor body?

mrmoofo

The compressor in fine – it’s holding pressure …
    It’s just the tyre inflator that is rubbish!!

chickenman

The shutoff valve on the end of the hoses causes constant issues IME. I just keep replacing them or removing the tool when I’m not actually using it.
    The wee Stanley compressor I have has needed the switch, the blow-off valve and the pressure sensor replaced on in (in 3 years).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stanley Compressor from Screwfix… question to owners’ is closed to new replies.