Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Standard Prophet (i.e. not MX, 4X, etc) with 160mm Fox Float 36s? Yay or nay?
  • MattF

What's the verdict?

z1ppy

Been done, (and longer) obvious invalidates the warrenty & risk killing yourself when the headtube snaps off 😆

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

And its slack enough as it is with 140mm…

Tasso
    Free Member

Overkill. My MX only gets fitted with Van 36's for DH/Alpine trips. Much happier with a set of Pikes or similar so on a "standard" frame why bother?

It probably won't spontaneously snap but you are pushing the limits of what it's designed to take assuming you don't just want it for riding along extreme towpath 😉

MattF

The ultimate intention is the Alps in August. Could travel reduce them to 140mm… hmmm

phildowling
    Free Member

Loved my Prophet, probably one the best performing bikes around, instructed and guided on it, ragged it down DH courses and generally abused it….then i stuck 160mm's on it….sold my 140's and i….Quickly began to hate it, far to slack even back in XC setting on the swing arm.
    Pant's downhill and uphill.

Get an adjustable if you do, i ran 55's on it which adjusted to 130mm i think but performed crap when wound down.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I'm with Skills Guiding – love mine with Pikes, hate it with 36s on. Too slack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Standard Prophet (i.e. not MX, 4X, etc) with 160mm Fox Float 36s? Yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.