Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stanction chip, how bad can you get away with?
  • rhid

I have a nice chip on my stanctions, nothing massive just dectectable with a nail really. Is my fork going to explode next time I even look at it or will it carry on as normal without too much worry?

I have considered the clear nail varnish and fine sandpaper route but due to hamfisted-ness I probably would make it worse. However I am feeling brave so does anyone have or know of a good method for this?

angryratio
    Free Member

have a shot at the nail varnish wet and dry thing… just needs to be smooth, the idea is that the nick will draw crap into the fork.

I think people tend to over react slightly however. One of the lads in our riding ravel has some utterly clapped out pikes with chunks missing from them, and they've yet to explode after 12 months riding with a chunk out of anno.

stevede
    Free Member

i did some real nasty damage to my fox 36 uppers in a rock garden crash, didn't ride them back to the car as the damage would've trashed the seal it was that bad but i got the wet and dry and nail varnish out after pricing up new uppers, looked awful but very effective and sailed through winter with no issues whatsoever. Just make sure you take your time doing the wet and dry bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stanction chip, how bad can you get away with?’ is closed to new replies.