Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stainburn in the morning…….anyone fancy it….
  • ton

anyone fancy a couple of hours at stainburn tomorrow morning.
    9 ish…

steel4real
    Free Member

Ton – maybe another time, I was thinking about going there myself, but that’s a bit early and I was planning a longer day.

ton

i have to be back in leeds by 12ish, taking the youngest and her friend to watch marley and me…. 🙁
    probably snooze right through it..

steel4real
    Free Member

Quite. Some people on here were doing a Calderdale invite which looked interesting but fortunately the route has been indicated and I just haven’t got the fitness or strength to weight ratio sorted so I’m thinking of some Gisburn DH instead (try and get my jump mojo going :?)

ton

the reason i am going to stainburn is that i want to master the drop ins, the one on the descent line and the slimy one in the 1st section of the boulder trail.
    going to scotland for 3 days next weekend, and i do not want to look a wuss on the slab, mcmoab and such… 😉

Simon

After years of riding at Stainburn the Slab still scares me, I think it’s the 90 degree turn into it that does it.
    The one on the descent line is pretty straight forward, just keep off the brakes.

knott4me
    Free Member

stainburn is a cracking place go & have fun.

should be good.they have also added some grip to some of the timber/the wood i allways managed it was the slimy boulders that got me.

steel4real
    Free Member

Ton – I’ve seen you riding, even if you don’t master the slab (as Simon says, the turn onto it makes it tricky) you’ll have no problem with the scottish stuff. At one time or another I’ve ridden them all and the Stainburn slab is probably trickiest, the scottish ones have more grip as well as they are mainly granite. The descent line one is much more straight forward – now doing it as a drop, that is a bit more demanding !

Unless your riding your 29 incher, then disregard all of the above !!

ton

the ventana does seem to flatten trail obstacles 😆

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

In my experience, Stainburn should be a definate haunt for someone wanting to do McMoab without dabbing (me, me, I’ve done that!). Stainburn will also set you up for the Qualifier (for the Slab), but not the slab, which is just a ‘no skill required’ leap of faith. There are certainly other places where I have Stainburn to thank for me ‘having a go’ rather than walking away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stainburn in the morning…….anyone fancy it….’ is closed to new replies.