Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • stainburn forest???????
  • thedyslexic1
    Free Member

cheers simon i have just joint and thanks for the info 😆

R.lepecha

riden it all on a 100mm xc hardtail. found it good fun. only bit we didn’t do was the northshore. as at the time it was abit wet and the northshore isn’t massivley well maintained. but my mates have since gone again and riden the northshore too on simmilar bikes. not found any of it difficult to ride. just keep your body realy slack because some of the larger rocks can realy throw you of balance so just soak it up with your bodys suspension.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

northshore isn’t massivley well maintained

NS has recently (last volunteer trailbuilding day in September and planned for this October’s 3rd) been worked on to improve durability and grip. Details and photographs can be found here (you need to scroll down about halfway through the thread to Knacker’s posts:

http://singletraction.frankencrank.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3302

Had a good day today didn’t get much trail built to speak of but did some essential maintenance to the north shore.

We removed all the chicken (and other) wire from all the shore as this was all damaged and provided not grip any more and have replaced with a combination of some deck board (as used on the coal chute) and some fresh larch boards which had been treated with grip paint courtesy of Stuart the FE ranger.

Also did some repairs to the structure which has seen better days but all is safe and secure.

Stuart had requested we replace one of the last planks before the see saw so this was swapped out for a new one with grip paint so the section should be much more ridable in all weathers now. Fingers crossed we can get some more planks with paint from FE and make a few more alterations and new sections to the NS.

Oh and swapped out a few rungs on the see saw for the deck board to give it a little more grip

Thanks to

Knacker
    Wannabrew
    Cheeky
    Ell
    Adam B

and

It was may do some more trail TLC next month on either Boulder or Norwood to get ready for the wet weather!

I didn’t have a look at the extension but looked good a few weeks ago.

Tim and Stuart had a good look round the whole site as Stuart needed to do an inspection and the only issues I’m aware of are due to unauthorised building in Norwood some of which was being done as Stuart was walking around!! Stuart also removed some of these features but Ill leave Tim to write that report.

A few photos from the day here:

http://www.singletraction.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=32

Turns out PJ had some of the deck board left over which we had forgotten about as we wanted to see how it faired before using elsewhere. He still has quite a bit left so will be trying to pick it up and install before the next dig day.

So there you go, volunteers tirelessly working to improve the riding experience for MTBers 😉

R.lepecha

ah yes that looks much better now.

Chase
    Free Member

So there you go, volunteers tirelessly working to improve the riding experience for MTBers

Yeah, and we’ll be there on sunday again making your life a whole lot better.
    Come along, see what we do, how it all works. New faces are always welcome. We’re not easy to miss – we’re the silly sods not riding 😆

Chase
    Free Member

that is quite a good one chase

Here it is in all its glory 8)

😆

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

And if you can’t attend, feel free to use our all new donation / membership via Paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=EPGD1NDqWdfwSuEWSnfT0-4umj-igcFAsbaurpG4z1xH40eB9AzsK2ENsmC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8dc18bca4c6f47e633b393e284a5f8a8f8

All this northshore timber doesn’t just grow on trees y’know 😉

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

chase where did you get that sticj=ker as it would look better on my mmmbop lol and cheeky i have join the yearly thing that cost about £15 (which must be the only money i have ever donated :roll:)

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Good man, we like members and their cash 😎

The only thing better is bodies on a dig day 😉

R.lepecha

what type of bodys though, you put dead ones down and then cover them with stones and mud so that you do less digging 😉

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

sounds a good idea… all the skulls would make a good base for kicks :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘stainburn forest???????’ is closed to new replies.