Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stain removal from car seat
  • rascal
    Free Member

No – bodily fluids involved 😉
    Wife spilt clear flavoured water on clothy material of front passenger seat.
    Left a stain but wondering what’s the best way to remove it without being too brutal with the material…

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have removed water stains in the past with a good dose of vinegar in water.

unovolo
    Free Member

You need to wet the whole seat cushion down to dilute the stain then leave to dry naturally.

nealglover
    Free Member

If it was clear water, chances are what it’s done is left a clean patch, with a white salty ring round the edge.

Shampoo and extraction Vac is the best way to actually remove the stain. It’s staggering the amount of dirt that comes out of even a clean looking seat.

Otherwise, a bowl of warm water with washing powder (not much)

Clean sponge and give the seat a good scrub (all of it, probably both front if you want them to match)

Do it on a hot day and they will dry fairly quick.

(£30/£40 if you want a valeter to do a proper job with an extraction Vac)

Or hire a Rug Doctor machine and use the hand attachment. Do the house carpets while you have it.

konabunny
    Free Member

oooh, time to rent a fabric steam attachment and start watching oddly satisfying videos on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CFgRfBhJy4

sandwicheater

a bowl of warm water with washing powder (not much)

Clean sponge and give the seat a good scrub (all of it, probably both front if you want them to match)

Do it on a hot day and they will dry fairly quick

This. Only problem is the seat may look a tad cleaner than the rest so you may as well do them all.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had excellent results with the Autoglym interior cleaner when my wife spilt tomato soup all over the seat of our two week old car. I also made an impulse purchase of a car dehumidifier cushion thing, a sort of ciabatta shaped beanbag, and it is actually very good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stain removal from car seat’ is closed to new replies.