Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stag Do Recomendations pls –
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

In Europe – Groom fancies Germany but is open to other suggestions and as i’m best man I need to organise it.

Never done it before so over to you lot…

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

if drink is the theme dublin , dingle or dungarvan

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Mine is hopefully going to be a riding holiday, predictably in the Portes Du soleil.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

just back from a long weekend with the wife in Berlin. it was nice but not really very stag-orientated, given the history it was quite heavy. i’m sure you could find all the general stag stuff if you tried but it didnt seem on that kind of place. loads of good cultural and historical stuff though!

went to a stag party in Bratislava recently too, it was expensive getting there (had to fly from london) but when we were there it was a great place. it was a package booked through http://www.bratislavastags.com
    our guide was called Natalia: http://www.bratislavastags.com/option,com_zoom/Itemid,556/page,view/catid,5/PageNo,2/key,26/hit,1.html

She was great fun and spent most of the time with us bar a few hours during the day, definately get a guide. they have some good deals with the clubs and things but also know places to suit your mood, eg the good clubs for the evening and the quiet cafes for hangovers…

because its not an obvious choice, it doesnt suffer like Prague from stag-overkill, loads of parties roaming the street etc, thus whilst you are there, the locals are quite friendly and dont give you evils. its a proper party place though, the clubs dont get full until way past midnight and in the summer, they are almost 20 hours of daylight so you can eat out quite late in relative daylight, go clubbing and walk back to the hotel in daylight, very odd!

No hassle from the locals, lots of fun on the dancefloor, just an all round great weekend. I spent the best part of £1000 all in though you could do it for half that quite easily… we had a stretched limo from Vienna (complete with “exotic dancer”), a nice hotel and some extras ( mud wrestling for the stag) and club entry…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

To balance this, I had a stag do in Berlin and it rocked! Seeing a place with the wife isn’t great in terms of finding the party places.

Berlin has some insane clubs, the pubs are great, we did a segway tour and the guide was totally suited to a stag-do (“we get commission for sending people to that museum but seriously DON’T GO it’s rubbish, I’d sooner shoot myself than go and look at marbles in the museum”).

The nightlife is amazing, I love Berlin and the stag -do was wild!

BristolPablo – Member
    just back from a long weekend with the wife in Berlin. it was nice but not really very stag-orientated, given the history it was quite heavy. i’m sure you could find all the general stag stuff if you tried but it didnt seem on that kind of place. loads of good cultural and historical stuff though!

went to a stag party in Bratislava recently too, it was expensive getting there (had to fly from london) but when we were there it was a great place. it was a package booked through http://www.bratislavastags.com
    our guide was called Natalia: http://www.bratislavastags.com/option,com_zoom/Itemid,556/page,view/catid,5/PageNo,2/key,26/hit,1.html

She was great fun and spent most of the time with us bar a few hours during the day, definately get a guide. they have some good deals with the clubs and things but also know places to suit your mood, eg the good clubs for the evening and the quiet cafes for hangovers…

because its not an obvious choice, it doesnt suffer like Prague from stag-overkill, loads of parties roaming the street etc, thus whilst you are there, the locals are quite friendly and dont give you evils. its a proper party place though, the clubs dont get full until way past midnight and in the summer, they are almost 20 hours of daylight so you can eat out quite late in relative daylight, go clubbing and walk back to the hotel in daylight, very odd!

No hassle from the locals, lots of fun on the dancefloor, just an all round great weekend. I spent the best part of £1000 all in though you could do it for half that quite easily… we had a stretched limo from Vienna (complete with “exotic dancer”), a nice hotel and some extras ( mud wrestling for the stag) and club entry…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Dan – The segway guide sounds quality. 😆

Bratislava sounds cool but i’ve heard stories about the ‘HOSTELS’ there! 😉

binners

In Europe?

The illuminations are on at the moment too. Its a win/win

patriotpro
    Free Member

Binners – as best-man i see as my duty to protect the groom from such ‘delights’.

wl
    Free Member

Around 22 of us did Benidorm in April for 3 nights and it was a mint laugh, easy to sort and very cheap staying in 4-bedded rooms in a high rise hotel. We didn’t do a right lot apart from boozing, eating and clubbing. You probably wouldn’t want to go there under any other circumstances though.

binners

How about Barcelona? Been on a stag do there and it was fantastic!

Steelsreal

barcelona, we managed to do it quite cheap flew ryan air to girona (laughably called barcelona by Ryan Air!) stayed in a hostel on the ramblas, took in a barcelona game, rode chopper bikes (push bikes) round the sites with a guide (£50 i think) and had a generally good time…

patriotpro
    Free Member

wl – Member
    Around 22 of us did Benidorm in April for 3 nights and it was a mint laugh, easy to sort and very cheap staying in 4-bedded rooms in a high rise hotel. We didn’t do a right lot apart from boozing, eating and clubbing. You probably wouldn’t want to go there under any other circumstances though.

Dunno the thought of me and a group of mates hiring out disabled scooters sounds good to me.

Glasgowdan – how much did you spend all in?

binners

Steelsreal – we made the Ryanair error too. Well… the idiot who was in charge of arranging it did. Where we landed was technically in the same country. That’s about it. It then cost us an inordinate amount to actually get to the real Barcelona. I wouldn’t mind but he’s so disorganised that by the time we booked the flights it was so last minute, they weren’t even cheap!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Berlin is indeed an excellent place for a stag weekend. Some great bars, restaurants and clubs. Recommend the trabat tour as well, good fun. Probably not the best if you want the *ahem* traditional stag experience, for that somewhere like Budapest may be a better bet.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Barca…Yeh why not it’s been brought up in convo as an option come to think of it.

Binners/Steelreal – How much did you spend ‘all in’ on your Barca do?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

We stayed at the Generator Hostel which was very good. One of the nights we thought we had the room to ourselves and we stumbled in about 3am. In the early hours of the morning I noticed 3 young girls climb down from the top 3 bunks and leave the room! Hah, we didn’t even know they were there but MUST have woke them up/scared them to death with the noise we made when we all crashed back in!

I THINK we spent about £350 each total. I chucked an extra £500 into the pot as it was my stag and I dragged all my mates out to it 🙂 Tresor was a club experience, as was the pub double decker bus next to it. The segway tour was really brilliant and highly recommended (a thousand times better than the beer bike). German girls… well, you can discover that yourselves.

Oh, and the beer, mmm, love it. Very fond memories of that trip, we all came home converted to enjoying techno music and dreaming about going back.

timc
    Free Member

Hamburg
    Berlin
    Kiev

All meant to be great

Steelsreal

just checked back and we all paid £180 for the flights accomodation and transfer from a city somehwere nearish to Barcelona..

bus transfer here

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/gerona/girona-airport-barcelona.html#barcelonabus

hostel we staid in is here

http://www.booking.com/hotels/hotel/es/barcelona/hostal-boqueria.html?sid=000935acf2d5e28ce431d2febcada22f

this is basic and the rooms are all the same size with differing numbers of beds in, but you will only need it for a base and a few hours kip right? On the ramblas so pretty much in the centre of it all, just watch out for the saucy ladies trying to feel you up but really lifting your wallet and phone…

Can’t find the link to the chopper hire there is one called fattire but not sure it was that one, we had proper low riders, choppers etc, and we even had a race, great fun..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stag Do Recomendations pls –’ is closed to new replies.