Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stag Do Location/Advice
  • scenetoomuch
    Free Member

I've mostly been a reader on this forum but the recent turn of events has left me with nowhere else to turn…

I'm trying to organise my very imminent stag do (start of May), we'd intended to go up to the Lakes to do some 'proper' mountain biking (not trail centres) as a few of the guys have lived there and know the area. Unfortunately I've left the accomodation too late and barely anywhere has vacancies. The place I called today won't take stag groups either, weird that…

So can anyone suggest anywhere in the country offering some good trails and stag group friendly accomodation, we'd looked at bunk houses provisionally. Open to anything but Scotland as we are mostly from the South coast.

Thanks!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Had my stag do at http://www.thecastleinn.co.uk/. Bunkhouses adjoin the pub which seems to operate a very 'flexible' understanding of the licensing rules. Bunkhouses open onto a bridleway for easy access to the hills. Top weekend by all accounts – I remember very little……

scenetoomuch
    Free Member

Funnily enough just looking at the Brecons.
    What's the riding like round there?

uplink
    Free Member

start of May

bank holiday weekend by any chance?

anyway – try the Dales Biking Centre

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Quite a bit of ridge-riding to be had on the local hills. Nothing massively technical that we found – but had no locals to guide us. IIRC the MX'ers in the bunkhouse next door pointed us to some stuff we might have liked, but it looked a tad too far out for a hangover-fuelled all-dayer.

scenetoomuch
    Free Member

Nah the weekend after, no less popular apparently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stag Do Location/Advice’ is closed to new replies.