Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • stag do in bratislava, what can go wrong?
  • HansRey

next weekend, i’m going on a stag do in Bratislava with an old school friend and his mates. There’s lots of talk about banter, hoke and tippers. It’s being organised by a company and i reckon it’ll be like….
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FabpPq4HqGs[/video]

anyone been to bratislava? anything particularly worth doing/ seeing?

Moses

Yes, with Mrs Moses. It’s a pleasant little city, lovely river walks, castle nearby. Food, wine beer all more than OK. No idea about the potential for choke & tippers.

jamiep
    Free Member

Go on a trip to shoot guns. I have no affinity with such things but was buzzin’ shooting an AK47 (and Glock and Scorpion submachine gun and this massive cannon of a rifle). Totally unregulated and unsafe though. I can’t recall, think it was 50E. Kinda expensive but totally worth it as a one off experience

matplant
    Free Member

Went to Bratislava on a stag back in 2005 – had a fab time. We did the gun shooting half day complete with complimentary mid-shoot beers and also booked mud wrestling one night for the stag – messy but very funny. Back then it was dirt cheap I guess this may have changed now.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I went there on a mates stag do way back when a European City was the only place for a stag do. Had a great time. Can’t remember where we went but we rocked up no knowing anything about the place and didn’t struggle for places to go. A really lively place from what I can remember. There were a few trendy/posh places that frowned when we all turned up, about 8 of us with the stag dressed in drag, but only one place refused entry. But a pretty chilled and relaxed place. We did get out and about the city for a few hours before the taxi picked us up form the airport and it looks like a really nice place full stop – a smaller version of Prague.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Isn’t that where they filmed ‘Hostel’ I’d recommend watching it before you go to get a ‘feel of the place’ and what sort of things you might expect! 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

yep had my stag there in 2007
    did the shooting thing
    lovely city very walkable, cheap, decent bars
    walk up to the castle, there is a cafe at top of bridge pylon

curto80
    Free Member

As Yorky P alludes to, you have no idea quite how much can go wrong.

Even if one of you survives they will eventually hunt you down and decapitate you with a chainsaw. Although that sequel was rubbish so don’t worry about it too much.

zinaru
    Free Member

was bratislava earlier this year (half a day before flying home to scotland) nursing my worst hangover in years after a big night out in vienna (which is only an hour away on the train). don’t drink austrian beer with malt whisky when you bump into a musician you know in a bar thats open till 6am!

bratislava was nice place with a small but pretty old part of town. plenty small bars and restaurants from what remember as a couldn’t face food or even slip of beer.

superfli
    Free Member

Jamiep, that big cannon would have been a dragunov. Big b’stard, that you shoot as quick as possible due to the immense kick back!
    I’ve done quiet a few of these pissup.com stag do’s, but not to bratislavia. Prague twice, Budapest twice and Warsaw once. All fantastic fun and what goes on tour, stays in tour 😉

Have you seen hostel btw!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Apart from being told by a selection of large gentlemen that we hadn’t spent enough in the strip club and we needed to pay them to leave, Bratislava was charming.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

We went there whilst backpacking (2006’ish?).

Nice enough city. Wasn’t overly cheap though.

Ended up being double booked in a hostel with a stag do, so we left and randomly got picked up by an independent hostel owner in a battered Skoda estate. Which turned out to be a big old house up on the hill with loads of rooms arranged around a courtyard. You could pretty much just grab a mattress from the pile and pick a room! The owner did cut price beer/food too which was ace and the other residents were backpackers rather than stag-doo’s.

I think Brist-abroad stag parties had probably already ruined it by that point as trying to go out anywhere as a group of English 18-20-somethings was a PITA.

matplant
    Free Member

Apart from being told by a selection of large gentlemen that we hadn’t spent enough in the strip club and we needed to pay them to leave

this also happened to us,the club was called Moulin Rouge I think

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘stag do in bratislava, what can go wrong?’ is closed to new replies.