• This topic has 31 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bobthebuilder911-spam.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Stag do ideas please….
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Need some ideas for a mates stag do.
    He’s loaded, London based management consultant, drives a 911 etc, however most of the guys going (including me) are gentlemen of more modest means, so I don’t thing anyone will be up for a no-expense spared week in Vegas.

So I think we’re looking for something fairly stylish but not mega-bucks & ideally London/south UK based, but might be able to consider something further afield.

Any suggestions?

tomhoward

Hookers and Blow

Legoman
    Free Member

yeah, that’s plan B if no-one comes up with a better idea….

luke
    Free Member

We went here for a mates: http://www.qleisure.co.uk/weekend-stag-hen-parties.php it was a good laugh and then we hit brighton in the evening for a few beers.

Miffy
    Free Member

Guy from work went on a good one recently.

Randomly split the guys into groups of 2-3 people. Each group then given a budget (to be agreed) but say £500 and has to buy a car (from an auction / ebay / auto traders) by a certain date.
    They all met up in South Mimms service station and then travelled in convoy all the way to the Nurombery ring and completed a lap.
    Some cars made it all the way there and back, some were abandoned on route and they had to get lifts home from the others.

Not sure what they did for insurance but or accommodation. But everyone had a blast.

binners

For the more discerning gentlemans stag party, surely there can be only one destination

The Northern Riviera

andrewh
    Free Member

Last one I did we went hovercraft racing somewhere near Weymouth. Not mega-bucks, I think the hotel was the most expensive bit. Also had quad bike racing and grass tracking in old minis.
    I have learnt tha hovercraft are surprisingly hard to drive (actually easier to get the minis sideways!)
    The original plan was a track day I think, the stag has a TVR Chimera, the Best Man a 911 and there were many fast motorbikes in the group. Fortunately for me and my aging Hyundai people carrier the idea was shelved…

Legoman
    Free Member

Binners – Blackpool & strippers was my first suggestion to him….. doesn’t quite fit the bill apparently!

Keep em coming guys….

zilog6128

been on 3 stags this year. All with the obligatory beer & curry obviously. First was white water rafting at the olympic place (Lee Valley) so handy for London. Great fun & a real team activity as you have to work together to avoid getting flipped! On the next stag we did Airsoft at a place near Windsor. Much better than paintball (it hurts more so you want to keep your head down and do it “properly”). And the last one we did a Tough Mudder – much more enjoyable than expected and a real bonding experience as you help each other over the obstacles etc. You get to do stuff that you’d never experience otherwise outside of a crazy Japanese gameshow! Would really recommend it if everyone is reasonably fit. There is something very similar called “Total Warrior” at the start of August in the Lakes.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’ve done the white water rafting at Lea Valley, and it’s a great laugh. Good shout.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The thought of having a stag-do in the UK gives me the creeps soooo how about Europe…

Germany, Prague, etc. Is it a piss up type do you’re after?

SaxonRider

Please don’t dress up as furry animals, start drinking in the airport lounge at 8:30 in the morning, get on the plane drunk and make everyone else’s journey utterly unpleasant, then infest the streets of someone else’s city with your vulgar presence and stupid antics for two or three days.

Not that I have ever seen such a thing happen. And not that I’m bitter, or anything. 👿

PJM1974
    Free Member

If I were getting married next week, hookers, strippers and whatnot would absolutely be the last thing on my list.

But then I’m probably a boring git!

zilog6128

The thought of having a stag-do in the UK gives me the creeps soooo how about Europe…

Germany, Prague, etc. Is it a piss up type do you’re after?Have you ever seen that show Boozed Up Brits Aboard? Watching all the british stag parties drinking/leching all over eastern europe is incredibly cringey…

yoshimi

I organised one a few weeks ago in Newcastle.

Beers & food on the Friday night.
    Whitewater rafting on Saturday morning at Tees Barrage International course and clay shooting on the afternoon.
    Beers & food on Saturday night.

Everyone loved the rafting, if you can do it closer to London I’d highly recommend!!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Plan-B but in Tallinn rather than Blackpool.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have you ever seen that show Boozed Up Brits Aboard?

Yep, a lot of them are a disgrace.

There was a bunch of cockney lads when we were in Munich being the type of ‘Brits Abroad’ on that programme, we cheered when they were kicked out for letching on the young German lasses.

If they hadn’t been ejected, they would have ended up jumped on to be fair.

Dunt meant that’s what all Brit’s abroad have to do though and there are some great cities outside of the UK that are welcoming of respectful stag-does.

How about Hamburg OP – one of the biggest red’light areas in Europe I believe…

Legoman
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions (well most of them anyway!).
    I’m hoping he goes for a single day/night, not sure I can cope with 2 or 3 heavy nights on the lash these days!

spudly1979
    Free Member

Please don’t dress up as furry animals, start drinking in the airport lounge at 8:30 in the morning, get on the plane drunk and make everyone else’s journey utterly unpleasant, then infest the streets of someone else’s city with your vulgar presence and stupid antics for two or three days.

Not that I have ever seen such a thing happen. And not that I’m bitter, or anything.

that wasn’t the other week in Bristol airport and then Barcelona was it?!? That may have been us…. 😳

CaptJon
    Free Member

I was bouldering at the Berghaus Wall in Newcastle on Saturday, and it overlooks the main sports hall. There was a stag do who had organised a game of dodgeball and the gym had provided a ref. They had a whale of a time.

stevestunts
    Free Member

If he’s a loaded, London-based management consultant, prostitutes and cocaine will be old hat, so don’t bother with those.

Unfortunately, having ruled those out, I don’t have any other suggestions.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@5thElephant – Tallin, now you’re talking !

How about a track day driving your mates car 8)

timc
    Free Member

Do not all wear Hawaiian shirts or get T-Shirt printed either, its proper wool 😉

ask1974
    Free Member

Personally I find idea of a typical UK stag, by which I mean curry, beer, ‘event day’ and night out is unbelievably dull. Nothing you can’t do on a normal weekend. I’m with PartriotPro but without all the ‘Brits abroad’ nonsense. FFS if anyone on this forum actually acts like that then I’m off…

Mine was a summer trip to Chamonix and we’ve done Prague, Munich beer festival, another Chamonix (winter) plus a few UK based. None were overly expensive with good planning but the overseas trips stand head and shoulders above the rest. If you’re a fairly close group go have some fun somewhere interesting and make it memorable, leave curry and Brighton to weekends where you can’t think of anything else to do…

Miffy’s idea sounds brilliant.

mrmoofo

Berlin?
    Munich?
    Barcelona?
    Edinburgh?

TBH – “somewhere around the south east” seems a little tame – unless you charter a yacht or something …

irelanst
    Free Member

I’ve had a fairly long stag do career, with some friends getting hitched early when we were all in our late teens, right through to some late bloomers in their late 30’s and the last few years the inevitable 2nd time arounds.

Of all the things that we’ve done, the most memorable to me are the bobsleigh run in Riga, Budapest for ‘fully loaded’ limos and AK47’s or going back quite a few years my own in Magaluf/Ibiza where the plan was a long weekend in Magaluf but we got carried away, which was brilliant back then because we were all young and stupid, but wouldn’t work so well now!

The ones which are least memorable are the golf/karting, beer, curry ones. Yes they can be great nights but you won’t be talking about them in 10yrs time.

Edric64
    Free Member

For my stag do im Riding L`eroica with a mate.

irelanst
    Free Member

^ I think she was one of the ones in the limo in Budapest 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having been to a few and declined some other due to the stupidly outrageous costs involved the best in the end was pick a town get a cheap hotel sorted and pick an activity. Once thats over and done with pub lunch where land everyone with the challenge to sort this evenings outfit from the local charity shops £15 max for the lot. 1hr meet back get changed and head on out. Pick something easy going for the Sunday.

It’s about having a good time with your mates not blowing as much cash as you can.

rob13380
    Free Member

We did a stag do where:

Teams of 4 people

buy a car £100 in each £400 total

Then decorate in a theme

Then the best man arranged accomodation in 4 places (cheap) and on the day gave us a post code – road trip to first place then night out

second day road trip to next destination paintballing and night out etc etc

Seeing who cheap car could last was fun, road side maintenance, top gear style leave them behind

Went from chichester west sussex, to liverpool – manchester – milton Keynes to Chichester

Awesome weekend and great idea – all in about £500 depending how much you drink!

Holmesey
    Free Member

running the bulls- Pamplona. Amazing weekend, got to get on the course v early to run, but well worth it.

Tom83

went hereFor my 30th. Was pretty awesome!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Stag do ideas please….’ is closed to new replies.