Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Stabilisers on a 20" kids bike
  • jamesy01
    Free Member

Eldest son (4) has had a balance bike since he was 2 but never really showed much interest in it and as such his balance on two wheels ain’t fully developed.
    His younger brother just got a bike for his 2nd birthday and we decided to go straight for a 14″ wheel and stabilisers due to the balance bike in the garage.
    Eldest son is now insistent that he would like a ‘real’ bike and is sitting on his brothers at every opportunity pedaling from the lounge to the dining room.
    Having sat him on a 16″ and 20″ in Halfords yesterday i’m in a quandary over what size to go for as he was comfortably pedaling the 20″ with me supporting him and he looked big on the 16″.
    Now I’m determined to get him a decent bike and our budget can stretch to a Frog. The 16″ Frog has no rear derailleur and as such will take stabilisers no problem, but the 20″ has a derailleur and I’m not sure if it will take stabilisers especially due to the QR.
    Does anyone have any real world experience of stabilisers on bigger bikes and I’m guessing i’d be able to substitute the rear QR for a bolt through if it was indeed possible?

kayla1
    Free Member

Nooooooo! Learn the right way first time! An afternoon of wobbling about and falling off on the grass will seen him scooting off into the distance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Stabilisers on a 20" kids bike’ is closed to new replies.