Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 201 total)
  • SSUK Rawked
  • ski
    Free Member

That new 853 Pace frame looked sweet too, did anyone take a pic of it?

gee
    Free Member

What a brilliant event! Loved it – the band were great, the beer was great, the whisky burned (thanks Grant) and the hangover hurt. Best weekend I’ve had in ages.

That was also the closest race I’ve ever had – there was literally an inch in it between Matt and me.

The 29″ wheels made the rough DHs so much easier than the 26″ wheels I rode there at the NPS! I’m thinking 29er race bike for next year now…

Well done all,

GB

MrSparkle

It was a fantastic weekend. I took my lad along and he really got in the swing of it – he rode my spare SSer ( a bit), drank until he was sick and won the ‘least hairy chest’ contest! If anyone has a pic of that I’d appreciate it.
    Brilliant course, great organisation, dry weather(!!), marvellous venue and met some real characters. Spot on from start to finish.
    Things I learned :
    The boy can’t drink
    Dalby is a lot better than I gave it credit for
    Rollapalooza really is painful

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomlevell

Sal was second in the ladies and disappeared for a good half hour to get patched up by the paramedics after the finish due to her first lap fall.

D0NK

She seemed to have an arm strapped up inside her jacket, nothing serious I hope…?

Does anyone know what time the race started?

wildrnes
    Free Member

between 10 and 11 I believe

martinh
    Free Member

Amanda Barber (ssstu’s better half) won the Womens

miketually
    Free Member

She seemed to have an arm strapped up inside her jacket, nothing serious I hope…?

Possibly a chipped bone, I think I overheard. Great result to finish; most blokes would have stopped I’m sure 😉

Does anyone know hoe the rider who fell on the boardwalk was? I saw them laid by the paramedics being given gas/air and morphine – from the sling I’d assumed collarbone, but I’d also heard dislocated shoulder.

Saw a guy with his arm in a sling at the presentations as well.

Did everyone else escape with just minor injuries and hangovers?

funkynick

I got stung by some stinging nettles at the beer stop…. does that count? 😀

martinh
    Free Member

Rollapaluza Qtr Final & Final videos

andy-s
    Free Member

Someone has you tubed this classic moment from the weekend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuE4LsqqdI

tomlevell

Possibly a chipped bone, I think I overheard. Great result to finish; most blokes would have stopped I’m sure

Paramedic suggested it was a possibility but she was off to casualty once home.

miketually
    Free Member

I got stung by some stinging nettles at the beer stop…. does that count?

Me too!

miketually
    Free Member

Paramedic suggested it was a possibility but she was off to casualty once home.

Hope she gets patched up OK.

Tino
    Free Member

Cracking weekend. Amazing course- loved the gullies and the rock drops (but not the big one!).

Happy days 🙂

fresherjohn
    Free Member

price of Rollapaluza free
    price of T-shirt free
    price of Meat BBQ free
    price of Good Beer £2.80
    price of Stella stop/shower free
    price of Hangover, aching and cripling leg cramp free
    price of spending the weekend dressed up like an emu, riding bikes with mates and like minded people in the only dry part of the country…. PRICELESS

see you next year.

-m-
    Free Member

Does anyone know what time the race started?

I think the run/walk must have started around 1115.

As per everyone else’s comments a fantastic weekend; many thanks to the whole team involved in organising/running the event.

Burchy1
    Free Member

That was my first SSUK and i’m really glad we made the long trip from Exeter. Really enjoyed the course and the whole weekend’s festivities including finding a wiggly snake on the zig-zag climb 😀

A BIG well done to everyone who organised it.

tomlevell

I think the run/walk must have started around 1115.

Yup I was back at 13:15 after 2hours dead.

Del

’twas a long drive for sure, but we certainly got the luck with the weather 🙂
    a great laugh on saturday night.
    cracking trails, not as constantly involving as drumlanrig, but the techy bits were proper techy, and most of the climbing was interesting climbing that kept you occupied. good riding indeed.
    thanks very much to everyone who put in a lot of hard work to get it all together.

wildrnes
    Free Member

i was so impressed that I cleaned the zig zag climb (i was on fire!!!!)
    quick question to the bloke on the kona who i saved from a near serious fall (really)
    you ok now bud? 😉

Ed-O
    Free Member

Great weekend, cheers to the organisers. Nice there was a proper kids race too.

Nial is very happy about winning the Singular frame. Cheers Sam for putting it up as the prize for the Under 15s!

Raaaaaaaah!

miketually
    Free Member

Nial is very happy about winning the Singular frame. Cheers Sam for putting it up as the prize for the Under 15s!

Did he keep the drink down in the end? 😉

Ed-O
    Free Member

He felt pretty sick, but chips and curry sauce sorted him out!

miketually
    Free Member

He felt pretty sick, but chips and curry sauce sorted him out!

The full SSUK experience! He’s got two bikes nicer than mine now 🙂

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Wildrnes …….Near serious fall !!!!!
    The guys who’s life you saved was Bungi the bass guitar player and next day racer. He ow’s you big time muca.

See ya in wales , Stumps the mouth of SSUK09 and beer stop Fury hat guy.

MrSparkle

Nice work Stumpy with the beer . And nice hat, too… 😉

rapiddescent

The irony is that my bike, that we buried, was recovered and cleaned down ready for me to ride at the start:

This could be why my bike was popping and creaking all the way round. Not a good plan for a 10 year old carbon frame.

We came south on friday night, after passing snow on the pennines on the way down – we ended up drinking in the only warm place on the campsite.

The hanging gardens of Dalbyon

I still don’t know why the girl who took this picture didn’t reverse the favour for me and the fine specimen Andy

Sheldon taking the alternative commute home. “I found a snail”

Me and my new friend

Thanks to Team Pink for the organisation. High Rigg Farm recommended if you are thinking about camping in the future. See you at Brecfa.

__ilovebadgers__

excellent ssuk again – good work to the promoters and cowboy hatters – and especially thank you for allowing me to still enter at twenty to 11 !

i really , really don’t like Stella though and she was dripping off me for ages on the 2nd lap – vile!

met loads of lovely peeps for little chats through the race and a big hello to the bloke i had a very childish but hilarious bmx style sprint to the line with. My girls loved it too, the last time my daughter saw me race it was the SS worlds in wales, this time she was itching to be on her bike and in the woods. good times.

and hi to the bloke with the RC100 – wow that looked gorgeous.

anyway, roll on next year.

badger64 biketreks top and the tinbred with yellow forks.

IanS
    Free Member

Cheers all. As one of the ‘team’ I can say we all had a great weekend. Too much drink, but lots of good karma flowing. I’m still recovering at work, t’others are cleaning up.

Update on the fallen Dan after the boardwalk – he’s broken his collarbone in 3 places. Not nice; get well soon.

Only upset.. Gils’ bike. If everyone can Paypal £1 to…. No, let’s not go there.

Yours, still buzzing, Ian (squat clean shaven chap on the table (not the forester with the effeminate stance))

miketually
    Free Member

Sheldon taking the alternative commute home. “I found a snail”

The group on bikes set off ahead of Martin and i walking and we caught them up 🙂

CaptainTangfastic
    Free Member

Near serious fall !!!!!
    The guys who’s life you saved was Bungi the bass guitar player and next day racer

What happened? – did Mike give him a push for going all racey on us?

miketually
    Free Member

Photos starting to show up on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ssuk09&w=all

wildrnes
    Free Member

bungi decided to go off pieste on a particularly steep section ended up hanging onto a tree above a nasty drop

looked like fun…

miketually
    Free Member

Hoping to get back to Dalby in a couple of weeks for another bash at it without worrying about slowing down racers.

Blackhound

Great weekend of riding, course was nicely challenging. As a bit of a gayer enjoyed second lap more when I could see where I was going and tried a few bits I walked on first lap.

Plan to return for a weekend in Dalby and roll on Brechfa’10

Molds

Shall we get a Flickr Group going to make it easy for everyone to share/see the pics from the weekend rather than trawling through multiple posts and upload sites?

tomlevell

Make sure you tag photos ssuk and ssuk09.
    There is a SSUK09 group that appeared before the race weekend!

a11y

__ilovebadgers__ – Member
    and a big hello to the bloke i had a very childish but hilarious bmx style sprint to the line with.

Might’ve been me 😀 – black GF Rig 29er, blue/white top, MET full-face helmet? I certainly had a BMX-style sprint against two blokes who I’d followed through the final section before we all let rip down the final grassy straight. Must’ve been for about 220th position or something. Bunch of big kids, aren’t we? 😆

Excellent weekend – big thanks due to all those involved with making it happen. Special thanks to the marshals too and all their encouragement. Really enjoyed the course and suprised myself by riding all ups, and managed a bit of (surprising to me) air on some of the drops/jumps near the start of the lap.

Got a heap of photos (mostly drunken and Rollerpaluza QFs-Finals) that I’ll hopefully sort out tonight.

Ally (#266)

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Great event, would have liked to go for a second lap, but would have missed the presentations 🙄
    Thanks to all the Dalby organisers and helpers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘SSUK Rawked’ is closed to new replies.