Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • SSUK..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

From Aidan Hardings’ twitter feed…

Just been out on the preliminary SSUK course. Fun, hard, 4 mile lap. All rideable on 34:19 29er. Good work by Steve Jones et al.!

Sounds like it could be a good laugh then?? 8)

What would 34;19 equate to on a non-clown bike then?

RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty much the same as 32:16 really.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s a 52 inch gear.

2:1 innit.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Remember that this is Aidan you’re talking about … just because he finds it all rideable on 34:19 doesn’t mean everyone will 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

more importantly , how far round to the beer stop ?

Aidan
    Free Member

I can’t remember how far it is to the beer stop, but they’ll be serving free Dark Start Hophead. And if you don’t drink, there will be a penalty climb.

More details on the course and on the details when I get more time behind a computer.

tazzymtb

I like climbs, ‘cos I’m a sick and deranged individual, can I have the beer and do the climb as well please?

and then maybe have another beer….infact just give me beers and a climb and that’ll keep me amused for the whole weekend

Aidan
    Free Member

It’s actually quite a nice hard-ish satisfying climb, so have at it. What we won’t have is sour-faced individuals skipping the beer AND the climb.

If we just gave you beer and climbing, you’d never come back down and you’d miss out the 3/4 mile descent 🙂

tazzymtb

oooo sounds jolly good, I need to have a chat to you when I’m at SSUK as well about 2012 😉

Ringo
    Free Member

Just been practising few beers and a gentle spin 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Is there any cider??

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Ok. Idiot asking questions.

I’ve got a place on this. Entered before I realised my usual riding buddies would be involved organising our Insomnia overnight race on the Saturday at Bedgebury (and I’ll need to be there from 1800 to marshal this year).

But I’d still like to go along on friday night and saturday am/afternoon.

The race is listed as starting at 1100ish. I cannot see how long it lasts. Did the muc-off 8 at the same place last year, sounds a shorter race. Is it worth going along if I have to remain sober 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmm…

That’ll be 32:18 then.. 🙂

Aidan
    Free Member

I’ll see about the cider. The bar should be able to get some kegs of the good stuff so I’ll see what I can do.

The race should be under 2 hours for the top riders doing all 4 laps. Your speed, drinking, and number of laps are up to you… Come along!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Can’t wait.

Clobber
    Free Member

Can’t believe it’s not been said yet….

What tyres for SSUK…?

Flame on!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Clobber – Member
    Can’t believe it’s not been said yet….

What tyres for SSUK…?[/i]

Flame on!

It has….

rents
    Free Member

Cant wait :0)

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Whats all this talk of racing????

Megatron

racing? never heard of it…

any idea of the nearest station? (or one with the least main roads to bimble along)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘SSUK..’ is closed to new replies.